What happens if your tank does not have a protein skimmer? To ensure your tank water is always cleaned perfectly, you will need to do some necessary steps.
When organic compounds dissolved in the water will lead to some trouble for your aquarium inhabitant. The protein skimmer helps you get the problem solved. But if you do not have the room for a sump set up, getting the best hang on back protein skimmer will be the good ideal for you.
Does every aquarium need a hang on back protein skimmer?
The answer is not all. This is depending on what type of your aquarium is. The saltwater (or marine aquarium) and the reef tank will need the best protein skimmers to improve water quality and avoid some water problems.
But remember that the protein skimmer does not work in an aquarium is freshwater. Because the fresh water tank does not include waste molecules.
Benefits that a hang on back protein skimmer brings to your tank
- Giving back clear water without any yellow tint for your aquarium
- Helps the light radiates evenly throughout the aquarium better and your marine creature will be received more light energy
- Growth and reproduction of coral are getting better
- Improved the photosynthesis process of corals and also make them more colorful
- Reducing the production of scrap algae and keep your tank walls clean more longer
- Improve the water quality along with improving fish health
- Reduce some chemical compounds in water from fish waste, dead plants, etc such as nitrate and ammonia
- Helps corals recover faster in frags process
- Decreased the disease problems of propagating frags
If you are keeping the saltwater or reef tank, these benefits up here are worth considering to buying the hang on back protein skimmer.