Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Kilometres to the tank.

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
BMcD
Trc Off

Re: Kilometres to the tank.

Postby BMcD » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:21 pm

Recently got 616 km's on mostly motorway driving, reckon could have got bit more. Found about 110 - 115 kmph the most economic speed on the motorway.
Typically get around 450 km on short Dublin city drives.

murphman07
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby murphman07 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:11 pm

coakley wrote:i havent properly checked with full to empty just usually put in 30 - 50 any time it needs it but i think there an anti christ on juice to a stupid point. Granted they are a 2 litre car but not offending anyone there not overly powerful or fast. Ive ran m3s and sr20s easier and when you look at the fact there 3.2l and turbo charged respectively and have wayyyy more go i was very dissapointed in the altezza. I think that its letting the car down massively as there a nice comfy cruiser in general

I agree, they should be far more economical, gotta love the look of them though
All factory extra's Garda, I swear!

Mr. Tezza
Kerry Rep

Postby Mr. Tezza » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:59 pm

BMcD wrote:Recently got 616 km's on mostly motorway driving, reckon could have got bit more. Found about 110 - 115 kmph the most economic speed on the motorway.
Typically get around 450 km on short Dublin city drives.

Best I ever got was 620kms to the tank, driving up to dublin, around the city and back down then after. Usual is about 450kms to the tank driving around killarney and on trips to Cork or Tralee, but to be honest I haven't checked in a while those figures are pretty old, been a while since i filled the tank in the tezza!

I think altezzas are kinda hard on juice compared to other 2 litre cars, but if you think about it the beams engine is pretuned and produces almost 200bhp, far more than other 2 litre engines without mods, which isn't bad considering... but there is also the looks of the thing, I struggle to find another car out there that has the attributes of an altezza, probably why I have mine so long!
Kerry Rep

TonySR
Trc Off

Postby TonySR » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:14 pm

my tezza is a straight 6 and i got 550k but that was all motorway

GordonRS200
Trc Off

Postby GordonRS200 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:53 pm

murphman07 wrote:
coakley wrote:i havent properly checked with full to empty just usually put in 30 - 50 any time it needs it but i think there an anti christ on juice to a stupid point. Granted they are a 2 litre car but not offending anyone there not overly powerful or fast. Ive ran m3s and sr20s easier and when you look at the fact there 3.2l and turbo charged respectively and have wayyyy more go i was very dissapointed in the altezza. I think that its letting the car down massively as there a nice comfy cruiser in general

I agree, they should be far more economical

My mate's Honda S2000 averages in the mid 20's with mixed driving and isn't that much quicker than my RS200 which I'm easily getting 30 out of. Add into it we've got 5 seats/4 doors and a usable boot, I'd say for the performance and practicality combined, 30mpg isn't catastrphic. The trouble with these revvy 2.0's in the Honda and the Tezza is the lack of torque, which is where the 3.2 M3 and force-fed SR20's, Impreza's etc will feel more grunty.

Mr. Tezza
Kerry Rep

Postby Mr. Tezza » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:01 am

GordonRS200 wrote:
murphman07 wrote:

I agree, they should be far more economical

My mate's Honda S2000 averages in the mid 20's with mixed driving and isn't that much quicker than my RS200 which I'm easily getting 30 out of. Add into it we've got 5 seats/4 doors and a usable boot, I'd say for the performance and practicality combined, 30mpg isn't catastrphic. The trouble with these revvy 2.0's in the Honda and the Tezza is the lack of torque, which is where the 3.2 M3 and force-fed SR20's, Impreza's etc will feel more grunty.

Have to agree with you about the s2k's, my mate has one and didn't feel a whole lot faster at the end of the day, its the way the vtec is so aggressive it feels faster, same with turbo cars when the turbo kicks in, my mate had an impreza, now has a B4 and I have to say in the turbo lag/ before the turbo kicked in they were weren't great, didn't think the B4 was that fast at all either
Kerry Rep

nivek
Trc Off

Postby nivek » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:43 am

330 kms per tank. got 400 kms once. has the car 3 years now . i have a heavy right foot tho.
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it
because the only people who really know where it is
are the ones who have gone over.
-Hunter S. Thompson

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”