Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Headunit Problems. HELP

General discussions about other Lexus models
is.two.hundred
Noob!

Headunit Problems. HELP

Postby is.two.hundred » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:13 pm

Hey all. In trouble yet again. After discovering that the last owner of my car decided to wire in the head unit himself using black tape i pulled it all out (as sparks jumped out at me) :roll:
I went on to e-bay and contacted the seller and as advised bought the correct lead. (No amp).
Got it today and hooked it all up.
THE PROBLEM..... I do have power as it will load and eject a CD but it will not power up to play CD or tuner. Its a very basic JVC Headunit

I have 2 pics attached. No1 unused plug laying there and No. 2 is the lead i received

Any ideas or has anyone come across this before?

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
DSC00569.jpg
Un-used plug
DSC00569.jpg (6.95 KiB) Viewed 736 times
DSC00568.jpg
New lead I got
DSC00568.jpg (11.06 KiB) Viewed 735 times

Dan
Site Admin

Re: Headunit Problems. HELP

Postby Dan » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:44 am

cant really tell from the pics as they appear very small, so you plugged the lead you got on ebay into amp wiring loom and then into your new headunit wiring and your headunit still wont work properly?

if you press the power button on your headunit does the display flicker then go dull?

If you check the headunit wiring there should be a red and a yellow wires, if you connect the red to yellow and yellow to red that might give you the right power.

after that, check fuses maybe

podgie
Altezza Guru

Postby podgie » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:28 pm

i can tell ya how to power it without the by-pass lead, use the by-pass lead just for ya speakers, join the read and yellow wire on your headunit together and power of + of ya battery. then join the black wire to the car.
bubbstezza wrote:i can be a good lookin girl..............sometimes :lol:

^^^^
ya heard it here first,, bubbstezza like dressing up as a women

ADC Sligo Rep

join

www.afterdarkcruisers.com

is.two.hundred
Noob!

Postby is.two.hundred » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:37 pm

Hey guys. Havnt had a chance to try yere suggestions yet. But what i did do was take out the new lead because #1 the back light on the dash clock was staying on all the time, #2 i got out of the car and left the lights on and the buzzer didnt sound. I think i better wait till Monday and give the people i got the lead from a call. They promised good customer care :?:

Return to “Lexus IS200,IS220,IS250”