Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Rear Speaker Wiring

For all your audio/visual & general interior needs, post here
3S-GE
Tezza Fanatic!

Rear Speaker Wiring

Postby 3S-GE » Sun May 27, 2007 8:01 pm

when i got my altezza, the back speakers werent connected. previous owner had an amp connected and must have blown the 2 rear 6x9`s. i checked them of another stereo and they`re fecked!

had a look in the boot and cant find were the toyota wiring should come in (left or right side)

could some take a pic so i can see for myself?

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Mon May 28, 2007 9:53 am

it comes in both sides as far as i can remember 2 small holes either sides of the back of the seats. if u pull back the boot lining either side you should see the wiring

3S-GE
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby 3S-GE » Mon May 28, 2007 4:11 pm

ye, had a look there already. theres nothing to be seen! dont know wot the previous owner was at with it??

ill just have to run my own wires down from the head unit, cheers anyway :D

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Mon May 28, 2007 7:50 pm

do u still have the standard headunit or aftermarket one? You could just stick an amp in the boot for the 2 rears and just run 1 rca cable to the HU

3S-GE
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby 3S-GE » Tue May 29, 2007 8:54 am

i have an aftermarket one. there was an amp in the boot when i got the car but wasnt connected properly, so i took it out! wouldnt know wot goes were if i tried re-wiring it, heard its simple though :shock:

would an amp be too much power for just a set of 6x9`s??

Gerbo
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Gerbo » Tue May 29, 2007 9:46 am

No the Amp shouldn't be too much for just 6x9's, do you know how many channels the Amp has?

3S-GE
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby 3S-GE » Tue May 29, 2007 10:51 am

dont have a clue! how can i tell? i dont think its written on it anywhere.

Gerbo
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Gerbo » Tue May 29, 2007 11:16 am

If it is a 2 channel it will say something like 2x250w. You can tell by the number of screw terminals. One of the terminals will be power, one will be earth, one will be the remote power on from your headunit and if its two channel there will be four others ( positive and negative for the two speakers)

If you want to use a 2 channel just to drive a sub. You just use the positive from one set of terminals and the negative from the other set. Then you will have 1x500w to power a sub. It might also say this on the Amp.

eg. The picture above

As Dan said all you have to do is run an RCA cable from your headunit to the amp. This means(depending on the position of your amp) you will only need shorts runs of speaker cable. You need to run the rca lead on the opposite side that the power is running to prevent interference.

How this helps :wink:

Return to “I.C.E & Interior section”