Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

rear speakers

For all your audio/visual & general interior needs, post here
seamors200
Trc On!

rear speakers

Postby seamors200 » Fri May 25, 2007 6:09 pm

well lads has neone upgraded there back speakers and if so do you have to pull the shelf out to get to them or wots the best way to change i have a nice set of 350w fly(VIBE) to go in just upgraded to a nice sony h/unit. 8) 8)
sideways/seamo

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Fri May 25, 2007 8:50 pm

take out all the back seats, rear parcel shelf and C pillars, then you need to make some MDF mounts so ur speakers fit the old speaker hole properly. You have to make sure your speakers arent too deep and interfere with the boot popping thing in the boot. Not as easy as you thought eh? How you going to power the new rear speakers? run them off the new HU or off a new amp?

seamors200
Trc On!

Postby seamors200 » Fri May 25, 2007 9:21 pm

well i actully do a bit of installin in spare time done a few comp installs but never done an altezza so the fitting of the speakers not the prob just didntr want to pull the back of the car apart if there was an easier way so looks like i have to get motivated, for now just goin to power off the hu just goin to concentrate on the engine mainly for now.

thanks for the infor dan
sideways/seamo

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Fri May 25, 2007 9:35 pm

no bother if you need a hand getting them out give us a shout, Where you living Seamo?

Return to “I.C.E & Interior section”