Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

RS 200 Lambda Sensor

Anything related to cars
corconian
Noob!

RS 200 Lambda Sensor

Postby corconian » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:28 pm

Hello Folks!

Does anybody know what kind of Lambda Sensor the RS200 3S-GE BEAMS engine uses e.g. 4 wire setup etc.. and where I could get one?

CO and HC emissions were a bit high at my recent NCT and reckon the cars O2 sensor/lambda probe/lambda sensor might be problematic.

Appreciate any comments

Andyk
Trc Off

Postby Andyk » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:29 pm

who shot who in the what now??????????????????? :( :( :(

rodge
Trc On!

Postby rodge » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:49 am

!! Slightly off topic!! Where you getting your work done on the car?? Iv used the guy in Bishopstown Autos before but hes a bit pricy. Any ideas, mine is due a major service.

corconian
Noob!

Postby corconian » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:08 am

Hi Rodge

Haven' brought the car to anyone yet. Googled the symptoms and the problem is most likely a problematic lambda sensor. Seems it's just like a spark plug replacement, reckon I can handle that! Inventing the wheel is not always the easiest way but there’s satisfaction in it. If I can't work it out, I will have to go to the expert. Reckon the guy in Bishopstown Autos could be that guy since he sells these cars and probably knows all about them. I do know another guy who is in every sense a car guru and I might run the problem by him if needs be. I'll let you know how it goes and who I use if it comes to that.

Mike

rodge
Trc On!

Postby rodge » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:03 pm

Ah sher tis yourself. Hello. Well keep me posted anyway Im thinking of going to Kearys with mine, I want someone known.

Bobby
South East Rep

Postby Bobby » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:54 pm

hi, it more than likely is the lamda sensor as i had the same problem with my one going for the nct. any auto factors should be able to supply you with one. they are a 4 wire setup and easy to change. the one i bought for my car cost 100e though there are different types of lamda sensors available. they are fairly universal for the toyota cars

rodge
Trc On!

Postby rodge » Tue May 01, 2007 9:15 am

I got mine serviced there last week and the lamda sensor was failing the required levels so they cleaned the throttle body and everything was sorted. Its a very easy process apparantly. Maybe that could be a cheaper option.

corconian
Noob!

Postby corconian » Wed May 23, 2007 11:12 pm

Just to let you know that the problem got sorted and my car drove through the NCT Test. The problem was that I had to replace the Lambda Sensor/ O2 Sensor. I also had the throttle body cleaned out like Rodge suggested, this probably helped too.

Return to “Car chat”