Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Water leak inside

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
markrs200
Limerick Rep

Water leak inside

Postby markrs200 » Tue May 20, 2008 12:24 am

Right lads small problem , i was driving today and noticed a smell of radiator water. I had the air con on .When i got home i pulled back the carpet(just above the drivers footrest)i saw water dripping down from the white box.thereis two pipes going onto a steel plate and this steel plate is attached to the white box at the drivers side.The water is comming out where this plate is attached to the box but is also comming out from further in.The water stoppes dripping when you turn off the heating ,which indicates to me its not the heater matrix because as far as i know if it was the heater matrix it would leak all the time even if the heating is on or off,i could be wrong on that though.has anyone any ideas
02 rs200.full trd kit, 18 inch ultralite gt2,toms spoiler,cusco H braces front and rear,cusco front strut brace,stoptect front discs&pads,full hks exhaust& decat,hks pannel filter,ngk irridiumplugs,hid kit ,toms eye brows,jdm front lights with angel eyes,trd decals on doors,leather interior,apexi rsm,lg dvd,sat nav,trd fioor mats ,fast road clutch +lightened flywheel lowerned 40mm,falcon evo 4+ alarm trd rad +oil cap Cusco front & rear arb's 201.6 bhp+211 torque

Evelyn

Postby Evelyn » Tue May 20, 2008 9:21 am

Is your water level going down aswell?

3S-GE
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby 3S-GE » Tue May 20, 2008 10:44 am

ye, its the heater matrix alrite. happened mine aswell..

a new one is over 600euro from toyota, but i repaired my one.
BEAMS: Breakthrough Engine with Advanced Mechanism System.

Bobby
South East Rep

Postby Bobby » Tue May 20, 2008 11:57 am

this the heater matrix allright. theres a valve on it that stops letting hot water in when you turn off the heating.
I BEG TO DIFF-ER!!

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”