Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Help needed asap

Anything related to cars
paulotc
Noob!

Help needed asap

Postby paulotc » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:54 pm

Right so I have a turbo altezza running emanage blue
I parked up the other night and went to start the car the following morning and it wudnt start.
It cranks, gets fuel and gets spark.
I changed crank shaft position sensor
Walbro fuel pump fitted and working fine
After I fitted the new sensor it started as normal.
Switched it off and back on several times and no problems.
Then decided to compression test it and when I had that done and everything back where it should be it would start again.
Compression was reading roughly 7 bar across all 4 cylinders roughly 100 psi which is very low
I'm baffled at this stage
Any body have any more suggestions?

RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Re: Help needed asap

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:13 am

Hmmm that is a bit worrying on the compression as my high miler was around 165 and a low miler can be up to 200ish I think!

Not sure what to suggest first but can you do a test to check your piston rings?

paulotc
Noob!

Re: Help needed asap

Postby paulotc » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:26 am

Thats my next step i need to do a leak down test and see wats goin on down there.
I came out this morning to see will it start and i turned the key to the on position and the car let out a really loud bang.
im stumped at this stage and when i got the car running there was no engine warning light on the dash so it keeps pointing me towards the compression in the bottom end

Return to “Car chat”