Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Buying Parts.

Anything related to cars
H2oMaN
Noob!

Buying Parts.

Postby H2oMaN » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:45 pm

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding parts.
i have used toyodiy and jp-carparts to find part numbers and locate them on diagrams.

the question is if i see example clutch cover (pressure plate) is numbered as 31210 and they mention an 31210-22150 part number.
I have seen on amazon when i search for 31210 and i get an cover for lexus IS 31210-26172, i know that Altezza = IS in some areas. Will that part fit my car regardless of the 2nd group of part numbers ? and will this work with other parts as well for TOYOTA ?

RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Re: Buying Parts.

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:01 pm

Im not 100% but I would think that the first number just equates tothe model or the type of part (eg. transmission or brakes or steering etc) and that the second part of the number is the crucial bit. I would think if the whole of the part number is the same it will deffo be the right part but if any is different theres a big risk that it wont be the right one.

Also, I would think the Lexus IS200 and Altezza RS200 clutch bits will probably be different as the engines are different.

Return to “Car chat”