Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Reversing Buzzer?

For all your audio/visual & general interior needs, post here
RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Reversing Buzzer?

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:23 am

Does anyone know where the reversing buzzer is mounted please and where the wiring runs? :)

I want to remove the annoying buzzer and presumably it has a wire which activates it when reverse is selected? If I can locate this wire too, I can use it to activate my reverse distance sensor that I plan to fit and kill two birds with one stone ;)

Cheers in advance :)

G-TECroscommon
Altezza Guru

Re: Reversing Buzzer?

Postby G-TECroscommon » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:39 pm

As far as I know the reverse buzzer is inside the instrument cluster, most people take power from the wire that powers the reverse lamps!

RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:14 pm

Cheers mate! That sounds a bit of a pain but I need to disable that sound cos it drives me up the wall that its not a sensor beep but just randomly buzzes! :P Especially once Ive fitted the reversing sensor as I'll have a whole load of confusing beeps if I dont disable the factory one first!

Thanks for the heads up - I'll have a look at the instrument cluster to locate the OEM buzzer and report back :)

G-TECroscommon
Altezza Guru

Postby G-TECroscommon » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:38 am

RS Tom-Hundred wrote:Cheers mate! That sounds a bit of a pain but I need to disable that sound cos it drives me up the wall that its not a sensor beep but just randomly buzzes! :P Especially once Ive fitted the reversing sensor as I'll have a whole load of confusing beeps if I dont disable the factory one first!

Thanks for the heads up - I'll have a look at the instrument cluster to locate the OEM buzzer and report back :)

Have fun :lol: and let us know how you get on :)

Return to “I.C.E & Interior section”