Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Raise Car Height

Want to know what to brakes/springs to buy?
Tamjeed
Noob!

Raise Car Height

Postby Tamjeed » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:42 pm

Hello Everyone,

I have a quick inquiry about the possibility of raising the car height on the Altezza. I've seen a post or two about this but...to put it into context..... the roads here suck! :P
granted theyre not undriveable but theyre riddled with massive potholes and the tezza tends to knock its underside when driving into them... or even over the occasional bump.

I was just wondering if its possible for the car to ride higher...by maybe swapping in longer springs?? would that add a few inches?? or would it just raise the body and the chassis would still remain at the same height??

Soiled
Altezza Guru

Re: Raise Car Height

Postby Soiled » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:16 am

Have you looked in to coil spring raiser blocks? I haven't personally used them but have heard of them. Essentially just some hardened rubber jammed between coils of your springs to raise the height.

chewse
Trc Off

Postby chewse » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:36 pm

i used these on a ae100 corolla i had a while back http://www.amazon.com/Superior-18-1201- ... B00029K20C

Tamjeed
Noob!

Postby Tamjeed » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:30 pm

Yeah I've been told about the hardened rubber spacers as well... Never seen those adjustable bolt kinds before though.
Where does that mount? between the spring and body??

Also...even if i do manage to raise the body height via spacer, bottom of the chassis is going to stay where it is though isnt it?

peter0991
Altezza Guru

Postby peter0991 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:22 am

You can get them for cars that tow caravans sometimes. They stiffen up and make the car slightly higher by effectively eliminating compression of a few spring coils. Made out of rubber irrc. Google it.

For reference, this is what I mean

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/33137079 ... 108&ff19=0

Return to “Brakes and Suspension”