Been incredibly busy working flat out on the car after work trying to get her back on the road before Christmas.
Manifold is FINALLY done after 60 hours. Almost. Very light and pretty dam sturdy but it will droop after a hard drive when it gets real hot so will be bracing it.
Priced it up out of curiosity and it's worth just over £3000. Good thing I can make this stuff myself!
Fitted one of my dead turbos (I have somehow managed to accumulate 2 turbos, good to have spares :closedeyes:) and the bonnet now closes which is good. Moded the downpipe to fit the new turbo location too.
Next was to deal with the issue of space. Seem to always be dealing with this issue. Nowhere to put the wastegate so I moved the battery to the boot s the wastegate can take up some of that space.
No such thing as too much ali tape!
Battery in the boot, no strap yet because I may be getting a nice gel battery. Fitted it with anderson connectors, makes it so easy to disconnect the battery for working on electrical parts or leaving the car standing for weeks.
Got myself a nice fuel pressure regulator too.
Have a 5 bar electronic pressure sensor so after I set it with an analogue gauge I will wire up an electronic one (if I can) so I can have a FP gauge in the car for ultimate bling.
Will be in on the weekend to smash out some more bits and get this car running asap.
Starting to really miss the rough ride, random noises and the ridiculously deep low exhaust note.