Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

throttle fly by wire

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
possel
Tezza Fanatic!

throttle fly by wire

Postby possel » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:49 pm

as the altezza throttle body is controlled by a cable 25% and computer 75% is there any benefit it fitting the fly by delete kit? or has any one done their own mod to get rid of it and run 100% on cable? link to the kit below

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/prem ... m/kit-002/

also found this on youtube someone has done a mod but no explanation on how to do it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THeSBRMuxL0

possel
Tezza Fanatic!

Re: throttle fly by wire

Postby possel » Mon May 06, 2013 11:13 pm

bump anyone?

vasilis
Noob!

Postby vasilis » Tue May 07, 2013 9:10 am

It can easily be done.
Just find yourself a piece of aluminium plate 5-6mm thick and a dremel.
Then copy the grey looking part from the link you posted.
This will remove the 45 "wasted" degrees from the manual side of the throttle.

Couple of issues I came across:
There is a return spring inside the throttle body that might force the butterfly valve to close at high rpm.
I drilled a small hole on the spring adapter and secured the butterfly with a screw.
Also your ecu will be looking for the e-throttle.
Mine bogs a couple of times but after the engine light comes on everything is ok.
Mind you I use a power fc. I have no idea how the stock ecu will act.

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Tue May 07, 2013 10:22 am

be better off getting a throttle controller kit to increase throttle response, can't remember the exact name of it, thought it was 75% manual and 25% electric as I can open my throttle almost fully with engine off
there is a throttle position sensor on the side with elongated holes for adjusting it might be worth trying that as if someone before has changed it might not have put it back in right place
worth a try

twiglett-RS200
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby twiglett-RS200 » Tue May 07, 2013 1:23 pm

The standard ecu goes into limp home mode when the electric throttle is removed.
The benefits are slightly quicker throttle response and when the car does go .into limp mode you have full control of the throttle.
There's a Honda throttle body off an integra or something that fits with very slight modification so the tps can be fitted.
There's a few pictures showing the procedure on some Japanese website.

possel
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby possel » Tue May 07, 2013 3:24 pm

mike_01 wrote:be better off getting a throttle controller kit to increase throttle response, can't remember the exact name of it, thought it was 75% manual and 25% electric as I can open my throttle almost fully with engine off
there is a throttle position sensor on the side with elongated holes for adjusting it might be worth trying that as if someone before has changed it might not have put it back in right place
worth a try

Didn't even think of that! Anyone no amount of resistance it should have when it's set right? I no the owner before me put a new maf on it but don't no about anything else

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”