Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Altezza increased steering lock brain storming

Want to know what to brakes/springs to buy?
peter0991
Altezza Guru

Re: Altezza increased steering lock brain storming

Postby peter0991 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:41 am

Almost, but not full lock

mk2glenn
Trc Off

Postby mk2glenn » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:42 am

Shokai wrote:sure. each kit includes a pair of 5mm spacers. that gives you extra steering angle and doesnt cause damage to the steering rack. You shoudn't take spacers bigger than 5mm, otherwise your rack will be damaged.

What are the inner & outer diameters?

Shokai
Noob!

Postby Shokai » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:42 pm

14mm in 22mm out

peter0991
Altezza Guru

Postby peter0991 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:04 pm

Shokai wrote:Hello guys.
I'm that one who makes those steering knuckles.
And yes. i'm from Russia, Moscow, Altezza-club.ru. :D

My english is not excellent, but that's not a big deal, right?
If i would be able to help you, to answer questions about our work with SXE10 - i will do it surely.

Are you sure man? Are you the dude that used to make them originally and then left the company and took the designs with you?

Shokai
Noob!

Postby Shokai » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:02 pm

not at all. Our old party was broken and than i created a new one. How does that matter with steering angle and knuckles ? :)

below my new config of front suspension with correct values of camber angle, caster and kingpin. additionally you've got more steering angle. That config becomes more and more popular in our coutry by now.
sorry, my english is awful. Can you understand me in despite of this?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

peter0991
Altezza Guru

Postby peter0991 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:57 pm

That was something I thought about for this season, but I dont know any welders in the area that are able to extend the arms for me. But its definitely the proper way of getting lock and wheel clearance at the same time as opposed to running offset knuckles. How much do you extend the lower control arm by? 30mm? Ill drop you a pm on VK at some point, been eyeing up your subframe solid bushes ;)

Shokai
Noob!

Postby Shokai » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:44 pm

40mm longer than stock.
50mm shorter than stock

here my darling :D

oiles
Noob!

Postby oiles » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:41 pm

oaasport
Trc On!

Postby oaasport » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:01 am

Id buy figs hysteer knuckles. They give.an extra 5 degrees of angle and help correct bump steer, which is needed on a drift car. If i had $2700 usd id buy the complete pro angle kit. I dont trust cutting and welding knuckles, much less a control arm which is under so much stress. Adding track width is a tricky game when adding it by longer control arms. You then must engineer upper arms, castor arms and lower arms. On top of that tie rod spacers, roll center adjusters shock mounts and shock top hats. Together a minimum of $3500 usd here in the states. Or i could spend $2700 have a kit that i bolt in and enjoy 70+ degrees of angle. I enjoy all the people dping r&d, my hats off to them. Thats how new parts are designed and built. Somethig as crucial as control arms or knuckles should never be "cut" in my opinion as this severly wekens the componemt and asking for failure.

Tosh21
Altezza Guru

Postby Tosh21 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:18 pm

I've made suspension arms for race cars before and it's amazing how thin a tube you can get away with but a ton of engineering goes into it and all the arms work together. They get binned after a few races too. Personally I would never trust a cut and shut, especially if it hasn't been post weld treated and crack checked. Imagine the mess of a knuckle failing mid drift. I know beer do it in the gtr in Japan and some competition teams probably do too but I'd imagine it's done properly and tested. Standard arms are cast too and from my experience welding cast stuff is quite difficult to get right and is not recommended. Fair play for doing it though, good to see people trying stuff

markgtv
Noob!

Postby markgtv » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:47 am

Dose anybody have have settings for tracking with these knuckles.

Return to “Brakes and Suspension”