Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Wheel options

Anything related to bodykits, wheels lights & other exterior things, post here
User avatar
GordonRS200
Trc Off
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:26 pm

Wheel options

Postby GordonRS200 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:33 pm

Mods - Any chance we could get a load of picture examples up of different styles, sizes, offsets etc as a reference guide? A bit like the bumper sticky but with wheels. We've all been linked to the AltezzaClubNZ post with the size and offset guide, but I don't know about the rest of people out there but without examples they're all just numbers.

I'm (finally) going to get round to ordering my coilovers, at which point I will also be looking for some new wheels to suit, which leaves me lost in world of sizes, widths and offsets with very little to reference from other than knowing what my OE 5 spokes sit like!

If people posted a pic of a car/their car with:

Name of wheel
Size x width
Offset
Lowered?
Arch mods?
Tyre size and width.
Rubbing/scraping?

I'm sure I'm not the only one who would find it useful/interesting. What do people reckon?

User avatar
Adman
Trc On!
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:27 pm
Location: Devon
Contact:

Re: Wheel options

Postby Adman » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:20 pm

Hi mate the offset for size i have on mine are i think about the most you can go WITH slight work done on the arches. I have 18x8 with a 38 mm offset on the front and 18x9 with a 38mm offset on the back with slight negative camber. Both with 5 mm spacers and the car has been lowerd 40mm allround . rear tires had to be streched on using 225x40 to clear the arch can email some pics over if youd like. Not sure how to load them to the site by phone.
I have just orderd some new rotors which are all 18x8.5 with a 35mm offset so will let you know how i get on.
I was going through the same problem as i am sure many people are

Road Runner
Noob!
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:00 pm

Re: Wheel options

Postby Road Runner » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:30 am

Sorry to jump in on this but I was looking at the following wheel sizes but I would say no chance based on what you have just written. Let me know what you think please:
Front 18" x 8.5j et 35
Rear 18" x 9.5j et 35

Arches are rolled and cut back but still looks like a crazy size especially the rear

User avatar
Adman
Trc On!
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:27 pm
Location: Devon
Contact:

Re: Wheel options

Postby Adman » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:13 pm

Road Runner wrote:Sorry to jump in on this but I was looking at the following wheel sizes but I would say no chance based on what you have just written. Let me know what you think please:
Front 18" x 8.5j et 35
Rear 18" x 9.5j et 35

Arches are rolled and cut back but still looks like a crazy size especially the rear


Hi mate the fronts will be absolutly fine they should sit flush with the outside lip of the front arch. Hmmm iv just brought some new rotas for the rear wich are 18"x8.5j et30 with a 5 mm spacer. Iv done a 2degree negative camber and they are sitting perfect from my point of view. They sit dead flush with the arch at the top and stick out ever so slightly at the bottom only by a couple of mm. I would say if you had yours camberd two degrees. They would stick out 2mm further than mine so next to nothing depending on if you have lowerd your car and if I would say they should be fine. May have to strech the tires on abit. I am pritty certain they would fit if you really wanted them to :). Hard to say because i dont know how much your car has been lowerd and how far the arches have been rolled but. If you pm me your email i can send a few pics over to you if you like :) regards adam.

User avatar
tomo
Altezza Guru
Posts: 1127
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:10 pm
Location: Poole, Dorset

Re: Wheel options

Postby tomo » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:43 pm

I have got 17x10 et 15 rear with a 215/45 tyre stretched on. And 17x8.5 et20 with a 205/40 tyre stretched on front with a 3mm spacer to clear brakes. They are dare rs (basically a bbs rs copy).
I have flared the rear arches a bit and rolled the frontside bit. I still have all plastic dirt shields still in too.
They have no clearance issues at all like this apart from hitting floor etc cos of low ride height, but they are only 17" so that helps a bit.
Image

User avatar
Adman
Trc On!
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:27 pm
Location: Devon
Contact:

Re: Wheel options

Postby Adman » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:33 pm

tomo wrote:I have got 17x10 et 15 rear with a 215/45 tyre stretched on. And 17x8.5 et20 with a 205/40 tyre stretched on front with a 3mm spacer to clear brakes. They are dare rs (basically a bbs rs copy).
I have flared the rear arches a bit and rolled the frontside bit. I still have all plastic dirt shields still in too.
They have no clearance issues at all like this apart from hitting floor etc cos of low ride height, but they are only 17" so that helps a bit.


Hi mate sorry to be a pain but could you possibly upload a few pics when you have some spare time :) How did you flare the arches? Is that just another word for rolled? Its just i have some 18"10 with a 20 offset that i just use for drifting but they stick out a fair bit. I would like them fited to the car if possible as i do love them. But they stick out about 5 cm. outside the arch.
Cheers

User avatar
tomo
Altezza Guru
Posts: 1127
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:10 pm
Location: Poole, Dorset

Re: Wheel options

Postby tomo » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:14 pm

I have an arch rolling tool which I ussed to roll front arches and I also used it to flare the rear arches, which is basically pushing the arches out, these are best pics for an example I have, they aren't great tho and before I had the paint tidied up. EDIT; just tried to upload better pics but can't downsize them to a sensible size.



And best pic of back all fitted, I am running slightly lower than this and have painted arches but this is closest pics I have at moment. The rears are 17x10et15 with 215/45 tyre.


Image

Here is one of the front which is 17x8.5 et20 with 3mm spacer to clear brakes and 205/40 tyre.

Image


Not sure if these pics and info are much use but hey ho. You will find the 18x10 a bit harder to fit but depending on offset and tyre size you should be able to just fit it with some arch work.
Image

User avatar
tomo
Altezza Guru
Posts: 1127
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:10 pm
Location: Poole, Dorset

Re: Wheel options

Postby tomo » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:23 pm

I can pm you more pics but they are pretty big and I can't work out how to downsize on mobile so let me know if you want them and I can pm.
Image

User avatar
Adman
Trc On!
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:27 pm
Location: Devon
Contact:

Re: Wheel options

Postby Adman » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:12 am

tomo wrote:I have an arch rolling tool which I ussed to roll front arches and I also used it to flare the rear arches, which is basically pushing the arches out, these are best pics for an example I have, they aren't great tho and before I had the paint tidied up. EDIT; just tried to upload better pics but can't downsize them to a sensible size.



And best pic of back all fitted, I am running slightly lower than this and have painted arches but this is closest pics I have at moment. The rears are 17x10et15 with 215/45 tyre.


Image

Here is one of the front which is 17x8.5 et20 with 3mm spacer to clear brakes and 205/40 tyre.

Image


Not sure if these pics and info are much use but hey ho. You will find the 18x10 a bit harder to fit but depending on offset and tyre size you should be able to just fit it with some arch work.


Ahh thats cool i can see they are alot more flared than mine arch sits lovely over the wheels. May have to have my arches done like that to fit my other wheels :). They are good mate get a good idea of what you ment my arches have been rolled but still sit fairly flat i like this alot! Car looks very tidy aswell mate! Been helpfull thanks mate they are et20 so should sit back another 5 mm than yours. I will have to have a look and see if it can be done :).
Good to see your a member of swjcc ;)
Regards adam.

Road Runner
Noob!
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:00 pm

Re: Wheel options

Postby Road Runner » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:38 am

Adman wrote:
tomo wrote:I have an arch rolling tool which I ussed to roll front arches and I also used it to flare the rear arches, which is basically pushing the arches out, these are best pics for an example I have, they aren't great tho and before I had the paint tidied up. EDIT; just tried to upload better pics but can't downsize them to a sensible size.



And best pic of back all fitted, I am running slightly lower than this and have painted arches but this is closest pics I have at moment. The rears are 17x10et15 with 215/45 tyre.


Image

Here is one of the front which is 17x8.5 et20 with 3mm spacer to clear brakes and 205/40 tyre.

Image


Not sure if these pics and info are much use but hey ho. You will find the 18x10 a bit harder to fit but depending on offset and tyre size you should be able to just fit it with some arch work.


Ahh thats cool i can see they are alot more flared than mine arch sits lovely over the wheels. May have to have my arches done like that to fit my other wheels :). They are good mate get a good idea of what you ment my arches have been rolled but still sit fairly flat i like this alot! Car looks very tidy aswell mate! Been helpfull thanks mate they are et20 so should sit back another 5 mm than yours. I will have to have a look and see if it can be done :).
Good to see your a member of swjcc ;)
Regards adam.



Lads I presume my 8.5j front and 9.5j rear et35 would look similar to the pics above but I don't ave flared wings just the arches are rolled to f**k. Adam thanks for your comments to me in pm earlier but do I need any sort of special wheel nuts or spigots to make this work? Thanks again

User avatar
tomo
Altezza Guru
Posts: 1127
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:10 pm
Location: Poole, Dorset

Re: Wheel options

Postby tomo » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:51 am

Yes they will look similar but you won't have to flare arches anywhere near as muchness this because these wheels are et 15 and et17 so stick out at least 15-20mm more than yours will do.
Image

User avatar
Adman
Trc On!
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:27 pm
Location: Devon
Contact:

Re: Wheel options

Postby Adman » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:29 am

Road Runner wrote:
Adman wrote:
tomo wrote:I have an arch rolling tool which I ussed to roll front arches and I also used it to flare the rear arches, which is basically pushing the arches out, these are best pics for an example I have, they aren't great tho and before I had the paint tidied up. EDIT; just tried to upload better pics but can't downsize them to a sensible size.



And best pic of back all fitted, I am running slightly lower than this and have painted arches but this is closest pics I have at moment. The rears are 17x10et15 with 215/45 tyre.


Image

Here is one of the front which is 17x8.5 et20 with 3mm spacer to clear brakes and 205/40 tyre.

Image


Not sure if these pics and info are much use but hey ho. You will find the 18x10 a bit harder to fit but depending on offset and tyre size you should be able to just fit it with some arch work.


Ahh thats cool i can see they are alot more flared than mine arch sits lovely over the wheels. May have to have my arches done like that to fit my other wheels :). They are good mate get a good idea of what you ment my arches have been rolled but still sit fairly flat i like this alot! Car looks very tidy aswell mate! Been helpfull thanks mate they are et20 so should sit back another 5 mm than yours. I will have to have a look and see if it can be done :).
Good to see your a member of swjcc ;)
Regards adam.



Lads I presume my 8.5j front and 9.5j rear et35 would look similar to the pics above but I don't ave flared wings just the arches are rolled to f**k. Adam thanks for your comments to me in pm earlier but do I need any sort of special wheel nuts or spigots to make this work? Thanks again


Yes they will look roughtly the same just as he said will sit in around 20mm more. Aslong as you dont take your car to low on your coilovers and you strech your tires on you should be fine. No worries mate hope it helped a little bit. Urm i wouldnt Have said so mate. As it is only the width of the rim you are changing .the centers of the wheels should be the same regardless of the width :). But i would like someone to back me up on this as im not 100 %
Regards adam.

doc-90
Trc Off
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:59 pm

Re: Wheel options

Postby doc-90 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:50 am

Could someone tell me if there is much work in getting 17x8 et30 (front) and 17x9 et35 (rear) to fit??? also car lowered on coilovers 

User avatar
Adman
Trc On!
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:27 pm
Location: Devon
Contact:

Re: Wheel options

Postby Adman » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:55 am

doc-90 wrote:Could someone tell me if there is much work in getting 17x8 et30 (front) and 17x9 et35 (rear) to fit??? also car lowered on coilovers 


Fronts will be absolutly fine under the standard arch. The rears will need the tires streching on but should be fine. I used to have the same but 18's and my arches are rolled but i was using 5 mm spacers to push the wheels out further. So aslong as your car isnt to low on the coilovers it should be absolutly fine under the standard arches.
Regards adam

doc-90
Trc Off
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:59 pm

Re: Wheel options

Postby doc-90 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:35 pm

Sound Adam. You got any pics of the car btw?


Return to “Visual & Exterior section”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 0 guests