ImageGreetings! Welcome to Tezzaworld website, unfortunately you are a few years late to the show as nearly everyone has been and gone, there is still lots of useful archived material to read through, not many active users unfortunately, but that’s the way it goes, hopefully you are not too disappointed...

Power Steering/Aircon Belt

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
Dan
Site Admin

Power Steering/Aircon Belt

Postby Dan » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:19 pm

So my power steering belt started squeaking, thought i was a bit loose so i tightened it, this didn't work so i replaced it. no the new one is squeaking! Would you think its just a case that i didn't tighten the new one enough. can these belts be over tightened and case damage or should i just tighten it until i can tighten no more!!

Or it could be the alternator belt!! I'll try give it a tighten in the morning! Not sure how to change the alternator belt is it hard to get off?

Noel

Postby Noel » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:30 pm

might be the bearing :wink:

take off the belt and listen :)

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:21 am

wont do any damage??? starting the engine without the belt on?

Noel

Postby Noel » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:48 am

nope ... it's only for a few minutes :wink:

just don't go driving down the road :lol:

btw ... turn off all accessories including air-con

wee_dave
Trc Off

Postby wee_dave » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:47 am

Mines squeaked everytime i started it and it done my head in, i was going 2 replace the belts but i thought id try some spray from a local auto shop that stops belt squeak, i sprayed it on as the belts were turning and sure as hell it stopped squeaking, next day it squeaked when i started it so i sprayed it again, i done this a good few times and 1 day it stopped squeaking, never happened since :D maybe worth trying, only cost me about £3

lanigan
Midlands Rep

Postby lanigan » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:54 pm

leave car ticking over and turn the steering wheel, if the screeching changes a bit its the power steering belt, if it doesnt its the alternator belt, its a quick and easy test, no need for the toolkit or lifting the bonnet

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”