Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

How To: Turn off TRC and ABS

Want to know what to brakes/springs to buy?
KaTaLy5t
Altezza Guru

How To: Turn off TRC and ABS

Postby KaTaLy5t » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:34 am

A few people have been asking how to turn off the traction control and the ABS. So this is how you do it.

Open the fusebox under the bonnet and you should see a blue relay and a green relay:

Remove these the 2 relays and your traction control and ABS should be disabled.

I haven't tried this so let me know if it works. Do this at your own risk as well.

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:00 pm

i wouldnt recommend anyone doing this, you could be doing more than just disabling those 2 features. turn of your trc with your trc switch and if thats broken, get it fixed. as for wanting to turn off your abs? why? so your wheels can look up under braking and you skid into a wall?

Mr. Tezza
Kerry Rep

Postby Mr. Tezza » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:36 pm

Dan wrote:i wouldnt recommend anyone doing this, you could be doing more than just disabling those 2 features. turn of your trc with your trc switch and if thats broken, get it fixed. as for wanting to turn off your abs? why? so your wheels can look up under braking and you skid into a wall?

Yea seriously why wud you want to turn off ABS? TRC u can undertand :) but ABS no...
Kerry Rep

KaTaLy5t
Altezza Guru

Postby KaTaLy5t » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:45 pm

I was just answering a question from some one. I wouldn't dream of turning off my ABS and I don't turn off the TRC that often either. Just thought it'd be useful for those that do want to do it.

Like I said in my original post, do it at your own risk. Be aware of the consequences of turning of the TRC and the ABS together, ie your car will skid all over the place on wet roads and 'cause the ABS is off you wont be able to stop properly. I wouldn't recommend this either.

Noel

Postby Noel » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:45 pm

Is useful info for anyone doing "track days" .... :wink:

Bobby
South East Rep

Postby Bobby » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:30 pm

for normal drivers abs is a driving aid. but some including myself abs is a complete balls (my opinion). why? because the stiffness of my car means that if i'm cornering hard and theres a dip in the road one of my wheels may loose contact with the road. this means that if i'm braking heavily going around a corner and one of my wheels leaves the ground due to a dip in the road, this wheel will try to lock up as i'm under braking. the abs kicks in stopping the wheel from locking and also hindering the braking performance to the rest of the wheels, thus a loss in braking ability due to the abs. this has happened to me on two occasions while driving, both times i've had to swing out of the handbrake to avoid the ditch in front of me. just my experience with abs. :x
I BEG TO DIFF-ER!!

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:59 pm

or just slow down Bobby!

ToyotaToyota
Noob!

Re: How To: Turn off TRC and ABS

Postby ToyotaToyota » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:10 pm

Thank you for your posts! Very interesting!

og 187
Noob!

Postby og 187 » Mon May 05, 2014 2:33 pm

KaTaLy5t wrote:Remove these the 2 relays and your traction control and ABS should be disabled.

I haven't tried this so let me know if it works. Do this at your own risk as well.

It works!!!

peter0991
Altezza Guru

Postby peter0991 » Wed May 07, 2014 12:22 pm

I just unplug the two connectors from the abs pump. Much quicker.

Return to “Brakes and Suspension”