Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Altezza Fault code diagnostics

Anything related to cars
mike_01
Altezza Guru

Altezza Fault code diagnostics

Postby mike_01 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:30 pm

I thought this may be of some use to allot of you tezza owners out there. Firstly I thought that the tezza's could be read by using the paper clip trick and reading the flashes like all old toyota's but after some searching around there's mixed reviews about doing it, so rarther than having to spend £££ on replacing the ecu if it goes pop I thought I'd rarther spend £££ on getting a diagnostic's scanner for better peace of mind and does come in useful for other cars aswell, now I bought this one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT after the guy told me it would work and 100% does, only thing is I got a fault with the lamda sensor :roll: and i can't clear the code's but probally this will work viewtopic.php?f=12&t=10 thanks to dan, I can also get into the airbag and abs system aswell, all by going into the obd 11 port :D

Alex-evita
Altezza Guru

Re: Altezza Fault code diagnostics

Postby Alex-evita » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:52 pm

u can read diagnostic fault codes by using your original radio(if u still have that)

1 switch ignition on and wait 30 sec
2 press button 1 and 6 same time and hold it
3 press CD button 3 times
4 select VARIOUS INSPECTION
5 select SYSTEM VERIFICATION
6 after that u should see all your diagnostic codes

ps works only with display on dash :wink:
do it once and do it right !!!

raffo
Altezza Guru

Postby raffo » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:25 pm

Alex-evita wrote:u can read diagnostic fault codes by using your original radio(if u still have that)

1 switch ignition on and wait 30 sec
2 press button 1 and 6 same time and hold it
3 press CD button 3 times
4 select VARIOUS INSPECTION
5 select SYSTEM VERIFICATION
6 after that u should see all your diagnostic codes

ps works only with display on dash :wink:

Ok, so being nosey, i tried this :) ..........only have standard headunit, no sat nav screen. Anyway, followed above instructions and straight away the stereo screen came up with ''1-190''.
I then pressed 1 and up pops ''SYS''. Flashed and beeped 3 times then was followed by ''H190''
Then, went back to the ''1-190'' screen by pressing 6
Then pressed 2 and up pops ''CODE''. Again, flashed and beeped 3 times and the followed by ''27''

None of the other buttons did anything so i turned off ignition, turned back on and everything is as it should. Just wondering if anyone knows what any of that means???? :?

Alex-evita
Altezza Guru

Postby Alex-evita » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:59 pm

i dont have standard radio my self,i got this info from my Altezza manual.so i not really know how to use it

raffo
Altezza Guru

Postby raffo » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:02 pm

be interesting if someone else tries this and see what they get.......nice info tho , don't suppose you can stick the manual or that page up here? :D

Alex-evita
Altezza Guru

Postby Alex-evita » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:05 pm

raffo wrote:be interesting if someone else tries this and see what they get.......nice info tho , don't suppose you can stick the manual or that page up here? :D

sorry . :cry: but i cant do it because manual in Russian language
but i have Lexus IS 300 manual in english.body and chassis is same just different engine(i think)

roundymoony
Altezza Guru

Postby roundymoony » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:22 pm

Alex-evita wrote:
raffo wrote:be interesting if someone else tries this and see what they get.......nice info tho , don't suppose you can stick the manual or that page up here? :D

sorry . :cry: but i cant do it because manual in Russian language
but i have Lexus IS 300 manual in english.body and chassis is same just different engine(i think)

thats a pity..any one have a manual translate to english???would be handy to have

impartialise
Trc Off

Postby impartialise » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:59 pm

i also tried this (not having original sat nav screen), once i pressed 'CD' 3 times then the stereo seemed to have turned off and no buttons would respond. not even the power button. i guess that the options fault codes appear on the sat nav screen and possibly use the controller by the armrest to control it.

Anyone know of any other way without sat nav screen to check fault codes would be handy to know

Alex-evita
Altezza Guru

Postby Alex-evita » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:18 pm

impartialise wrote:

i also tried this (not having original sat nav screen), once i pressed 'CD' 3 times then the stereo seemed to have turned off and no buttons would respond. not even the power button. i guess that the options fault codes appear on the sat nav screen and possibly use the controller by the armrest to control it.

Anyone know of any other way without sat nav screen to check fault codes would be handy to know

i dont think so in manual says what code will show on the screen...
Attachments
cd.JPG
cd.JPG (198.4 KiB) Viewed 5886 times

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:45 am

I bought it because I asked about it and I went to see if I could read it with a paper clip and the 1 terminal wasn't there, so I looked around and alot say that the ecu can't be read, and not all of us would have the original head unit, just thought it would be some useful information

jaredschlechte
Noob!

Postby jaredschlechte » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:19 pm

So I have the original display and head unit. Too bad I can't read Japanese. Anyone else have luck? I'm basically just moving around the menu at random.

RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:29 am

Just to add to this. I used the paper clip method as described here and it worked spot on and displayed some codes:

http://z4.invisionfree.com/lexusaltezza ... opic=13341

Return to “Car chat”