Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Mini disc, cd changer radio pin out

For all your audio/visual & general interior needs, post here
Adrian Eccles
Noob!

Mini disc, cd changer radio pin out

Postby Adrian Eccles » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:48 pm

Hi,

In my Altezza i have a mindisc/cd-changer radio with Error3 (pictured below). I am trying to fit a different cd player but do not know the pinout for this type of radio. I have looked at the following post but the connectors are different.
http://www.tezzaworld.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4404&p=47927&hilit=radio+wiring+diagram#p47927

Anyone know the pinouts for this type of radio. it's dismantled in the picture's as i was checking if there were any cd's stuck in.

Cheers,
Adrian

Last edited by Adrian Eccles on Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Adrian Eccles
Noob!

Re: Mini disc, cd changer radio pin out

Postby Adrian Eccles » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:21 am

Hi,
So I have figured out the Pin-out for this radio and harness.

It turns out that the factory Amplifier in my Altezza powers all of the speakers therefore there does not appear to be a direct connection to any of the speakers on the wiring harness. (The wires may physically be on the loom but not connected to the speakers I haven’t looked any further)

Bearing this and the fact that I think the standard amp and speaker setup is pretty good in mind I decided rather than bypassing the standard amplifier I would use it and connect it to the line out from my aftermarket radio.

Turns out it pretty easy to trigger the amp to turn on and off. My method was to connect the amp trigger output of the new head unit via a 2k resistor to the AMP+ pin on the radio harness. However you could connect this to a switched live. Maybe a resistor isn’t needed but I thought to be on the safe side and not short anything out I would test it with one, it worked so I didn’t remove it.

For the radio to work you also need to supply +12v to the pin that provides power to the radio antenna amplifier (ANT+B). I connected this to the ant + connection on my aftermarket head unit however this could also be connected to a switched live.

Cheers,
Adrian

raffo
Altezza Guru

Postby raffo » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:44 pm

Are those pics of the factory head unit connections? Very handy to know what's what!!

impartialise
Trc Off

Postby impartialise » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:27 pm

Good work chap

jarocki
Altezza Guru

Postby jarocki » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:38 pm

if only these radios wern't so faulty cos i think they are great when they are working. not many cars come with as good a radio as this.

ligurt
Noob!

Postby ligurt » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:14 pm

Hi, I know it's an old post. But does anyone of you know if the Altezza tv and navigation work in Europe/USA? And is it a closed system togheter with nav unit and screen? What happens if you push the tv button on the radio? I have a 2002 is200 and I know they have completely different audio/nav systems.
Thanks to all of you that reply to this post.
Pietro

Return to “I.C.E & Interior section”