Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Robin's Blitz Turbo Altezza RS220

Once you've introduced yourself why not throw up a few pictures of your car or a project thread?
Robin H
Southern England Rep

Robin's Blitz Turbo Altezza RS220

Postby Robin H » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:58 pm

Some of the older members will know me from early tezzaworld days and from the LOC

been away at times but always been into my tezza and kept a sneaky eye on the forum once in a while

I've owned the car for 4 years and have always been mod'ing it in 1 way or another. me and the car have had lows an now I'm enjoying the highs as years of hard work are finally starting to paying out.

The car has evovled as all mod'ed cars do with the orignal intent was to be a high performing NA 2ltr hence all the parts for sale in the offered section. but before I could complete this project I had engine problems which required a rebuild. the car was put in to storage in 1 of our barn whilst I saved up the money for the rebuild, having saved up the funds to have a rebuild I looked at upgrades avalable and got carryed away with the shopping 6 months later the car came out of storage and was sent to TDI for a make over. The car was prepered for Boost.

I had aToda low comp set up with the power fc running it for about a year whilst saving the pennies for the next round of mod's, supercharger or turbo?.
I managed to get my hands on a blitz turbo kit so thats been tucked away under the bonnet.

Future plans yep got loads more. more power for a start :lol:

anyway I'll stop talking now and give you the link

http://www.tezzaworld.com/garage_vehicle.php?mode=view_vehicle&VID=203
Last edited by Robin H on Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deals on Anodised Altezza parts.... cooling panels and battery bars..

If you are a UK member and interested in club meets please sign up here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7729

Please Support TezzaWorld
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8309

Club stickers
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8724

Blitz Turbo Altezza RS220
I wish I had more time.....

Robin H
Southern England Rep

Re: My Car, just been adding it to the tezzaworld garage

Postby Robin H » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:11 pm

dots wrote:fair play to you car looks the bizz :wink: i see you have a camcon,,,,how do you find it for adjusting the air&fuel. mine is all over the place have one of them in my car but cant find anyone that can tune it in for me :(

I had mine installed by the TDI as it was set up on the rolling road so the car can be held at steady rpm to help with the tuning.
defo improvement in performance. it may pay you to give Sam and email at TDI as they have experiance with it on my tezza
here's his email addy sam@tdi-plc.com

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7729

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8309

Club stickers

Robin H
Southern England Rep

Postby Robin H » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:28 pm

looking at a set of these, possible with a red pin strip running round the rim

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7729

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8309

Club stickers

Robin H
Southern England Rep

Postby Robin H » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:35 pm

well I spent yesterday doing a few little jobs that I've been meaning to do for a while which 1 of them was to fit the later spec speedo cluster found in later tezza's

this is now whats fitted

I simply removed the old cluster by unscrewing the 3 retaining screws that hold the speedo surround (2x screws at top 1 down near ignition switch) using a dumpy phillips screw driver, you can then pull the surround free, then remove the 3 screws you will see holding the cluster in put the steering wheel in the down position to give you a bit more room and you can simply lift the cluster out and unplug the 2 plugs in the back then you can removed the cluster completely.

There are a few differences between the new and old clusters. the new cluster has extra functions on it that the old 1 doesn't like telling you your fuel range left in tank and your fuel usage. I'm not sure if these functions will work correctly but when I next fill up with fuel I'll keep an eye on them to see what happens,
1 of the main difference I noticed was that in the small of the 2 plug sockets in the back of the cluster there was 2 extra pins which the old cluster didn't have

I simply swapped the clusters over all of the functions worked the same as on the old cluster apart from 1, which was there was no back light on the cluster when you switched the lights on

After a bit of fiddling about a supply was found to power the back light in the cluster when the lights were on

this is how I done it

these are the 2 plugs that plug into the back of the cluster

on the large of the 2 plugs you will need to take a feed off of 1 of the wires the easiest way is to use a scotch lock

simply clamp the scotch lock round the wire in question along with the extra bit of wire that will be used as the feed for the backlights

once you have done this just check with a meter that the connections are good in the scotch lock and your good to go, I used about 15cm of wire to use as the extra feed.

You now need to plug it into the correct place in the big plug, the problem is that there is no pin in the plug to connect to so I stripped about 12-15mm off of the wire so that it was bear at the end. I twisted the wire strands together and then put the wire into the correct hole where the pin should of been not the best way to do it but I couldn't think of any other way of connecting it up

once I had done this I carefully plugged the plugs back into the new cluster and checked that everything worked. I switched the lights on and the cluster lights came on as well

thought I'd put this up as somebodies else may want to give it a go

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7729

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8309

Club stickers

Robin H
Southern England Rep

Postby Robin H » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:44 pm

bit of an update on the cluster

after filling the car up with fuel and zeroing the trip on the clock I went through the rest of the features that show up on the digital display in the bottom right hand corner.
There are 4 different features which can be selected by turning the rest button to the right.
1. Speed (shows in mph in mine due to speed converter but read in kph with converter removed)
2.liters per kilometer ( this reads in real time so can be all over the place but if your cruising at a steady speed it will give a steady reading )
3. is the range of a full tank which displayed at 490km from what I can remember
4. is turned off

all these seem to be working fine and from what I have worked out seem to be realistic numbers from what I get out of my car

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7729

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8309

Club stickers

Robin H
Southern England Rep

Postby Robin H » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:27 pm

gararge has been updated with more pics :D

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7729

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8309

Club stickers

Robin H
Southern England Rep

Re: My Car

Postby Robin H » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:40 pm

I finally got roud to getting a custom 3inch system made for the tezza

The car now has a straight through system with 2 silencers in it and a very nice job to. also had a bit of work done on the original blitz down pipe as the angle at the bottom of it wasn't the best, so now it has a 2 and 3/4 inch bend out of the turbo then opening up to 3inch.
Car sounds sweet, nothing loud about it, nice and stealthy but when your giving it the beans it sounds awesome.
With the new system fitted it made a massive diference to the turbo allowing it to spool up a lot easier, which also allowed the turbo to creat an extra 0.1 bar of boost show that the old system was a bit restrictve.
with this done I had the map tweaked on the car and the out come was more than I could of expected.

so here's the latest dyno run

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7729

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8309

Club stickers

Robin H
Southern England Rep

Postby Robin H » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:29 pm

Evelyn wrote:There very good figures :mrgreen: I would be well chuffed with them. When u started did what figures where u hoping to achive?

I've always thought that 400 is a nice round firgure to aim for and it's not far off. I think like Dan thats it's prob over the 370 at the mo and the limiting factor being now is that the Apexi power fc is at it's limits of operation now as it was only design to work around the standard engine which mine isn't.
With a new ecu I can run much more boost prob about 1.6bar before need new cam's or turbo but think gearbox or diff will start to suffer so until I get bored it'll stay as it is.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7729

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8309

Club stickers

Robin H
Southern England Rep

Postby Robin H » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:02 pm

little bit of an update

here's some pics of the exhaust

I've also upgraded the battery on the car to a 005L as the little jap 1 kept going flat :(

I brought some new battery clamps off of ebay when they turned up they looked a bit crap where they had been plated so I gave them a clean up in our bead blaster at work

I also made up a new stainless steal battery clamp bar as the old 1 won't fit the new battery ( if anybody wants 1 making give me a pm 8) )

after all this was done gave the old girl a bit of a wash and meet up with with my mate and his TT Supra

and here's a sneaky peep of the new rims thats gonna go on when I can wrap rubber around them

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7729

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8309

Club stickers

Robin H
Southern England Rep

Postby Robin H » Fri May 21, 2010 4:41 pm

bit of an update on the car

well I've had some rims that I imported from the states sat in the spare room for about 2 months waiting for the money for tyres, and finally on tuesday I had them fitted and wrapped with Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta 225/45/18 :D
the rims are g-line wheels 18x8 et38
the rim's went on fine plenty of clearance from any body panels and fitted perfectly I did have to buy some spigot rings for the rims so that they located centrally when fitted

sales pic of the rim

I also got some new wheel nuts fot the car aswell 8)

I had been talking to Tony at wheels-Inmotion for some time about tyre choices and see what advice he could offer, I've always ran toyo's and never had a problem with them at all and was looking to put T1-Rs and just see what else was about and he recommended the above tyre over the toyo's and there was only a few £ in it so gave the Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta a try and so far I have know complaints at all, I also had the geo checked aswell and only a few tweaks required :)

here's a you tube vid about them
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyWMTiXPbLQ

with the wheels and tyres fitted there was a bit of rubbing on the inner arch liner but nothing to major just when you had the wheels at a certain angle so when I got back I gave her a good wash as she was dirty and had the wheels and bumper off to have a look to see where it was rubbing whilst waiting for the car to dry ready for polishing.

I found it was wasn't to bad the inner panel just needed flexing in a bit and that would be problem solved

where it was rubbing

so with a few jdm cabel ties problem fixed
:? thought I had a pic of other side, oh well

also with the rims off I took the opportunity to repaint all the brakes

I just gave them a clean up and I used black manifold paint and a brush, easy :)

with he wheels off I gave them a quick rinse over as it was easier then doing it on the car

rims back on the car with nice new calipers 8)

end result

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7729

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8309

Club stickers

Robin H
Southern England Rep

Postby Robin H » Sat May 22, 2010 7:29 pm

Evelyn wrote:Wow the wheels look great 8) All you need is Altezza caliper stickers :wink: (I have got them forgot to post them to Dizz Oppppss :oops:)
On another note thats a mad pattern on the tyres all to one side!!! & loving the RS stencil on the fog covers 8)

the brakes are next to do new discs pads and brake lines all round but may look at upgrading the fronts to 4 pots

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7729

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8309

Club stickers

Noel

Re: Robins Car

Postby Noel » Thu May 27, 2010 7:37 am

Unlocked by authors request, hoping people will keep on topic :)

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Postby mlcoolj » Thu May 27, 2010 10:19 am

Car looks good with the new Wheels Robin! congratz!

choopz
Altezza Guru

Postby choopz » Thu May 27, 2010 10:45 pm

Absolutely massive looking car :wink:
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Altezzahead
Cork rep

Postby Altezzahead » Thu May 27, 2010 10:54 pm

Looks great Robin , Love the wheels . Keep the updates coming . :D

Return to “Member's Cars / Projects”