Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Project Skyline

Once you've introduced yourself why not throw up a few pictures of your car or a project thread?
Richie_c
Altezza Guru

Project Skyline

Postby Richie_c » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:33 pm

Right well it appears most people have project threads here so I was feeling kinda left out so where we go

I got the car at the start of May looking like this (after a wash). Went straight to Liam in caralarms.ie and got the alarm sorted! Also it was a sign of things to come, the stupid baby jap battery died up there so we had to jump it before I could go home. Replaced that stupid thing with a proper battery afterwards and perfect since.

There was a few niggly bits wrong with it, the brackets for the stereo are missing and the plastic around the steering wheel was broken. Managed to get that for free from Jap Performance in Rathnew but the brackets are still needed but anyway........

So just after joining skylineowners japspeed decided to do a group buy on short shifters so got me one of them. Also one of the ladds there was selling a BOV so picked that up nice and cheap as well

I wanted to get it serviced and get a general check over done to make sure everything was hunky dorey with her so brough her out to Ronan in Roco Performance and got him to install the short shifter and BOV while doing everything else. He reported back with an a-ok so I was happy. Also the gear and handbrake gaiters were in need of replacing so got some new gaiters as well

That was it then till the end of June when Jay (xworkx) decided to sell of some stock (bodykits) nice and cheap so I took one of them from him which is sitting in the garage at the moment. Its going out next month for fitting and spraying so I'll stick the pics when I get her back.

So then today off I went down to Jap Performance in Rathnew again and picked up the following

Front Mount

Downpipe

I have a decat ordered as well but he was out of stock so I should have that next week. The three parts are Autobahn 88 which I've heard good things about so I'm happy enough! Yes I would have preferred all HKS stuff etc but I'm not loaded:(

Well after that I dedided I needed tools to do all the work as my collection at the moment is fairly poor so I had seen a 235 piece kit in halfords for 70blips so obviosly that made sense so

Right well I've ordered an Apexi AVCR (second hand) from one of the traders over on the skylineowners.com and should have that next week. Also to come next week is a boost gauge, oil pressure and temp gauges along with a dash pod to house them:D

Thats it for the moment me thinks! To come in September hopefully a Power FC and remap to go along with it (obviously) and that'll keep me happy for the moment. Dont have any idea on figures or anything just yet but we'll see. Hopefully the funds will allow for the FC I'll know closer the time

The future plans though are as follows

Walbro Fuel Pump
Engine dressing (blue hosing etc)
Carbon Cooling Panel
Some sort of Recaro's, not sure what yet
Retrim whatever interior I get
Carbon bonnet, bootlid and wing
Full respray in bayside blue (cant afford it at the moment:()
Wheels and rocker cover powder coated

I think thats all I have to say for the moment. I'll keep it updated though and update over the weekend with the progress on the front mount and downpipe, well weather permittingbt:)
300 rwhp thanks to

patk
Altezza Guru

Re: Project Skyline

Postby patk » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:24 pm

cool best of luck richie. that tool sets a bargin! uv got me thinkin about my gaiters now. were they cheap and where from.?

Damok

Postby Damok » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:33 pm

Nice one Richie :)

Good read. Its going to be mint when your finnished
Newbie click the link, $ $ $ $ $
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

GreddRob
Altezza Guru

Postby GreddRob » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:50 pm

Looking sweet, Best of luck with it all :mrgreen: I do love a Skyline 8)

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:31 pm

liking the tool kit, 70 euro in halfords you say? might get one too, only so many tools you can pikey from work!

skuzzy
Galway Rep

Postby skuzzy » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:17 pm

the bayside blue will look sweet on it with the carbon bits
GALWAY REP

Evelyn

Postby Evelyn » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:17 pm

It coming along nicely Richie try and get a vid of the dump valve :wink:
Why did you change the intercooler?

donut46
Meath Rep

Postby donut46 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:56 pm

flying along lad fair play to ye!!! where you ment to be haeding to a torque meet tonight my any chance lad??
QUALITAT ALTEZZA

Please Support Your Club
viewtopic.php?t=8309&f=2

TezzaWorld Car Stickers
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8724&hilit=stickers

Richie_c
Altezza Guru

Postby Richie_c » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:12 am

Pat - Just got the gaiters from ebay, think they cost all of a tenner including delivery

Dan - yep 69.99 cant go wrong at all and 3 for 2 on cleaning products as well :D

Skuzzy - yeat thats the plan alright so hopefully it all comes together now and funds dry up, although got done again for speeding tonight, stupid gatzo vans :evil: Keep doing that and I wont need to worry about resprays :lol:

Evelyn - the standard intercooler on a gtst is on a small yoke, not worth talking about so upgraded to a better one :D I'll try get ya a vid oft the BOV

Donut - yea I was thinking of heading along but didnt go in the end, met up with a few of the lads from dtd instead! Wish I had gone now, wouldnt have gotten done then :(

Cheers for the comments folks, I'll keep it updated anyway as I go along
300 rwhp thanks to

donut46
Meath Rep

Postby donut46 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:53 am

ah lad ye didnt miss much anyway in ashbourne :roll:
QUALITAT ALTEZZA

Please Support Your Club
viewtopic.php?t=8309&f=2

TezzaWorld Car Stickers
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8724&hilit=stickers

d2carazy
Clare rep

Postby d2carazy » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:06 am

its coming along nicely, best of luck with it

moomoo
Altezza Guru

Postby moomoo » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:21 am

sounds cool, them blue and carbon ones are savage 8)

Karl
Altezza Guru

Postby Karl » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:29 pm

:mrgreen: top job looking good

Richie_c
Altezza Guru

Postby Richie_c » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:02 pm

Well a little update

The Front Mount and Downpipe went on last night with thanks to Ronan in Roco Performance (Cant recommend him enough). The difference with these two alone is amazing and thats taking into consideration that the car hasnt been mapped yet. The decat has been held up in customs so that wont be in until next week unfortunately :( But should notice a further small increase with that :D I'll try get pics of it later on or over the course of the weekend fitted.

The bodykit was dropped out to the bodyshop this morning for the prep work to start and that car is going in in 2 weeks time to have the kit fitted. The front bumper comes prepped for two small indicators but doesnt come with them :?: So after much looking and deliberation I've settled on a set of clear side indicators of the old shape micra as they will do the job nicely.

Ordered an ungraded Walbro fuel pump from Temple Tuning in the UK last week so hopefully that'll arrive on Tuesday and I can get that fitted next week

The one thing I never did was take a pic of the size of the Downpipe! The difference is unreal! The new pipe is a good inch wider than the original part!

Thats it for the moment, as I said I'll try get pics of the intercooler over the weekend and the next update will be around the 21st when she's back from the bodyshop

Stay tuned kids
300 rwhp thanks to

Richie_c
Altezza Guru

Postby Richie_c » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:27 pm

Right well a further update

The exhaust manifold gasket went at the start of the month, two days after getting it downpipe and front mount done so was loosing a good bit of power due to that. So after getting all my prices I ended up getting an upgraded steel gasket from Conceptua Tuning in the UK and brought the car to Ronan in Roco to get it all sorted last saturday. Then Sunday evening it was off out to the bodyshop to get the kit fitted.

Well got the call this evening to let me know it was done so off I went out to get it! Looks the business by obviously I'm a bit biased. Left the bodyshop and to the first speed ramp, its the first test and it failed Scraped the bumper on the first three of 5 ramps Ended up taking a long way home but got to the estate and had 4 more ramps to try and thankfully it got over them all I cant find my camera but I'll get photos when I find it
300 rwhp thanks to

Return to “Member's Cars / Projects”