Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

HELP - Lights not working?

General discussions about other Lexus models
is.two.hundred
Noob!

HELP - Lights not working?

Postby is.two.hundred » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:50 pm

Hey guys and gals, i hope someone can help me o this one. My back driving and front parkers are not working. I have checked both fuse boxes and all is good and new bulbs have gone in.
The only thing that comes to mind is when i went to find out why my back speakers weren't working i found a dodgy DIY job on the head-unit wiring. So much so that when i picked it up to look, sparks came jumping out @ me. So i pulled all the DIY stuff out. Now that I am waiting to get my proper AMP BY-Pass lead this is all dis-connected. Would this have anything to do with my lights not working?
Thanks in advance?

butch21
Tezza Fanatic!

Re: HELP - Lights not working?

Postby butch21 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:56 pm

you could of short circuited something, which fuseboxes did you check? there is 3, one under the bonnet, 1 on the passenger side in the footwell and one in the drivers footwell

is.two.hundred
Noob!

Postby is.two.hundred » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:01 pm

Ahhhhhhhh didnt know about drivers foot well. Ill check that right away

butch21
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby butch21 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:07 pm

is.two.hundred wrote:Ahhhhhhhh didnt know about drivers foot well. Ill check that right away

hopefully that will get ya sorted

is.two.hundred
Noob!

Postby is.two.hundred » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:08 pm

butch21 wrote:you could of short circuited something, which fuseboxes did you check? there is 3, one under the bonnet, 1 on the passenger side in the footwell and one in the drivers footwell

Your are the first person to get an Christmas Card from me this year. Im sorted. Thanks a million bud. :D
PS. How silly do I feel? :oops:

butch21
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby butch21 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:10 pm

is.two.hundred wrote:
butch21 wrote:you could of short circuited something, which fuseboxes did you check? there is 3, one under the bonnet, 1 on the passenger side in the footwell and one in the drivers footwell

Your are the first person to get an Christmas Card from me this year. Im sorted. Thanks a million bud. :D
PS. How silly do I feel? :oops:

no problem at all, i have done the same thing, when i put in my new stereo, i blew a fuse and didnt know it, pulled out all the wiring for the radio and the old amp to check all the connections before i checked the fuse

KaTaLy5t
Altezza Guru

Postby KaTaLy5t » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:43 pm

Glad you got it sorted!

Return to “Lexus IS200,IS220,IS250”