Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Do's & dont of painting headlights!!!!!!

Section for all helpful how-to's related to Altezzas
Forum rules
This forum is now a closed section, it is purely for reference on how to do work on your Altezza. If you have a query please post in the relative section.
Richie_c
Altezza Guru

Postby Richie_c » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:45 pm

Yeah do NOT paint the silver housing, bad job!!! Just the insert with the two circle for the reflection. Once you go with whats been said through the thread you'll be grand, its not that difficult, sounds harder than it is
300 rwhp thanks to

d2carazy
Clare rep

Postby d2carazy » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:42 pm

be sure to take plenty of pics of before during and after so we can all see how u get on with it :wink:

Evelyn

Postby Evelyn » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:39 pm

be sure to take plenty of pics of before during and after so we can all see how u get on with it

I might take a before & after of the house aswell in case I forgot I left them in the oven!!!!!! My fella was laughing last night he asked do I even know where the oven is in the kitchen :lol: :lol:

lanigan
Midlands Rep

Postby lanigan » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:19 pm

Richie_c wrote:I put them in at just under gas mark 1 for about 15 minutes. May need longer may not

:lol: :lol: can honestly say i never thought i'd be seeing that here! a regular derina allen :P

Richie_c
Altezza Guru

Postby Richie_c » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:32 pm

lanigan wrote:
Richie_c wrote:I put them in at just under gas mark 1 for about 15 minutes. May need longer may not

:lol: :lol: can honestly say i never thought i'd be seeing that here! a regular derina allen :P

:lol: :lol: What can I say man, I was gonna be a chef at one stage :lol:
300 rwhp thanks to

Seanie
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Seanie » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:33 pm

Richie_c wrote:
lanigan wrote:

:lol: :lol: What can I say man, I was gonna be a chef at one stage :lol:

:D :D :D :D

Seanie
Tezza Fanatic!

lights

Postby Seanie » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:47 pm

how did ya get on with the lights Evelyn?

will ya call up and cook mine

although i'm handy at putting dishes into the oven and they come out black afterwards :D :D

Evelyn

Postby Evelyn » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:58 pm

Didnt get them done, got 1 headlight off, went to but in the the oven to discover the over was too small :oops: . Theres 2 10mm bolts at the back of the headlight that you have to access inside the wing & I couldnt get get open on the r/h headlight. I couldnt get the bumber off either because I couldnt open the screws on the bottom.......So next time (when I get my locking nut) take off the front wheel, jack it up in the front, so I can take the wing liners off comfortably & I need a drill so I can try & get the screws off in the bottom.....

Return to “How-Tos”