Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Need Help!!!

Want to know what to brakes/springs to buy?
Mr. Tezza
Kerry Rep

Need Help!!!

Postby Mr. Tezza » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:37 pm

Ok, heres the story...

Was washing the car yesterday and got to the stage at the end of the was when i spray under the wheel arches when i noticed i cud fit the nozzle under one of the arches and not the others... the front left side of the car is higher up than the right!!! i have no idea whats after happenin, its only this side of the car. Anybody know whats after happenin????

Not sure whats on the car was lowered when i bought it, only 20mm.
Kerry Rep

Robin H
Southern England Rep

Postby Robin H » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:43 pm

we need pictures

is it body parts don't line up ?
was your car parked on level ground ?

elexes
Altezza Guru

Postby elexes » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:47 pm

could be any reason . mine was the same as it turned out my springs were f*** dose you car make any noise when u hit a pothole or bump in the road . a kinda knocking noise .

the is200 has some part i cant rember the name of ti its ment to go very easy but everyone i told about my problom said it was that . blushing or somthn . but when i had the new suspension put in the noise was gone and all my probloms with it ....
if ive helped you in anyway vote for carlow to be the first tezzaworld drinking session

Mr. Tezza
Kerry Rep

Postby Mr. Tezza » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:27 pm

Robin H wrote:we need pictures

is it body parts don't line up ?
was your car parked on level ground ?

Yea flat level ground, just to give an idea to the driving i do theres one road on the wat to work its all potholes on the outside (left side) of the road, so that side is constantly hittin bumps and the like... its just higher up on one side than the other, dosen't make any noises when you put pressure on or when driving down the road...
Kerry Rep

Dizz
Site Admin

Postby Dizz » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:30 pm

To be honest your right hand side will always be slightly lower than your left, it's only natural seen as your steering column, pedals, clocks, ignition switch etc is all on this side of the car. As long as it's not TOO big a difference

Mr. Tezza
Kerry Rep

Postby Mr. Tezza » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:19 pm

Dizz wrote:To be honest your right hand side will always be slightly lower than your left, it's only natural seen as your steering column, pedals, clocks, ignition switch etc is all on this side of the car. As long as it's not TOO big a difference

Its about an INCH lower! somehow i don't think thats right, was driving the car yesterday on a bit of bumpy road and i heard a bang or somethin from the front left side of the car eswell, was talkin to a fella esterday seems to think its the shock absorber thats gone i dunno, gonna bring it into the local toyota garage 2morro me thinks...
Kerry Rep

endapender
Altezza Guru

Postby endapender » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:20 pm

If its about an inch its more likely to be the spring rather than shock thats gone. If the spring is gone bad be careful cause could be dangerous to drive.

daws
Trc Off

Postby daws » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:59 pm

is it a standard suspension???
Turbo power!!

Mr. Tezza
Kerry Rep

Postby Mr. Tezza » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:17 pm

Ok i took a few pictures of the suspension on both sides of the car today, its only over bigish potholes really tend to hear a bang from the front. I dunno if these pics help but here ya go...

Front Left 1

Front Left 2

Front Left 3

Front Right 1

Front Right 2

Front Right 3

Theres a hight difference of 1cm between the left and theright, the left one being higher
Kerry Rep

Mr. Tezza
Kerry Rep

Postby Mr. Tezza » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:10 pm

Well i've given up trying to solve it myself, booked the car into the local toyota garage for tuesday morning, thats as early as they cud to it, lets hope they can solve the problem!
Kerry Rep

Noel

Postby Noel » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:52 pm

From those pics it seems that your shocks are starting to weep...

the bang you hear is because the shocks ain't doing their job anymore

springs look OK

Mr. Tezza
Kerry Rep

Postby Mr. Tezza » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:29 pm

Yea i didn't really like the look of the shocks when i took the wheel off... ah well and excuse to get better shocks me thinks!!!
Kerry Rep

Return to “Brakes and Suspension”