ImageGreetings! Welcome to Tezzaworld website, unfortunately you are a few years late to the show as nearly everyone has been and gone, there is still lots of useful archived material to read through, not many active users unfortunately, but that’s the way it goes, hopefully you are not too disappointed...

clutch fitment

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
alex_evo
Noob!

clutch fitment

Postby alex_evo » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:05 pm

hi
I got a lightweight flywheel and got an oem exedy clutch separately (TYK2213). For Altezza RS200

Does the OEM clutch fit the single mass flywheel ? as i lined them up and the clutch pressure plate doesn't fit flush to the flywheel as there's a gap.

Does it need a different clutch kti since OEM has dual mass ??

any help appreciated

Soiled
Altezza Guru

Re: clutch fitment

Postby Soiled » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:15 pm

Yes it needs to be different

ThatGuy
Trc Off

Postby ThatGuy » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:17 pm

You sure? I've got a solid flywheel and just used an exedy clutch and it's fine

Soiled
Altezza Guru

Postby Soiled » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:09 am

Exedy do clutches that fit dual mass or single mass if you didn't specify single mass when you ordered it, it won't fit.

Soiled
Altezza Guru

Postby Soiled » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:11 am

So you can order. OEM or heavy duty to suit dual mass and OEM or heavy duty to single mass.

alex_evo
Noob!

Postby alex_evo » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:25 pm

Hmmmm... icic well i emailed the company who sold me the flywheel, they also sell the same flywheel and clutch as a package and its the oem exedy clutch that they list. Been told by a technician that there is meant to be a gap until it gets bolted down, due to the fact that its not a self adjusting clutch correct me if i'm wrong
If there is a different clutch for dual mass and solid, what is the part number for an exedy clutch for solid flywheel ? as i want to get this right before doing the job

RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:07 pm

Hmmmm, this is interesting. I've got an unbranded lightweight flywheel and a TRD clutch on it. Will probably look to replace the clutch next year.

Will this need to be a specific clutch to go with a solid lightweight flywheel then? I hadn't given it much thought and presumed that any clutch would work with this flywheel?

alex_evo
Noob!

Postby alex_evo » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:24 pm

will be fitting the clutch and flywheel nxt weekend. Got confirmation that the OEM exedy clutch will fit the solid flywheel

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”