Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Ignition coils question

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
Gyannk
Noob!

Ignition coils question

Postby Gyannk » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:09 pm

Hi, i'm new in the forum, i've been reading for a while but haven't posted until now.

Here's my question and sorry if my english isn't very good since it isn't my first language...

I have my tezza for 2 years now, and always noticed that the ignitions coils are outside the engine, i mean, someone took the effort of making a estructure to hold them out and put a hi performance cable kit to connect them to the spark plugs, so, does anybody know why could they do that? Is it better for the coils to be away from the heat of the engine or something?

The ignition coils are standard.

Thanks in advance...

will1
Trc On!

Re: Ignition coils question

Postby will1 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:52 pm

Not sure lad. Never seen it done before. One the lads night know though. Sorry not helpful.

Tosh21
Altezza Guru

Postby Tosh21 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:57 am

Yea its a kit thats pretty popular in new zeland. coilpacks have a tendancy to overheat and fail on these cars, cost an absolute fortune to replace so someone made a relocation kit apparently it helps keep them cool and last longer. They were selling for a fair bit of money a while back

Gyannk
Noob!

Postby Gyannk » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:17 am

Tosh21 wrote:Yea its a kit thats pretty popular in new zeland. coilpacks have a tendancy to overheat and fail on these cars, cost an absolute fortune to replace so someone made a relocation kit apparently it helps keep them cool and last longer. They were selling for a fair bit of money a while back

Ohh! Perfect, now i know, thanks a lot!

SilTezza
Altezza Guru

Postby SilTezza » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:37 pm

how does it look like mate?

RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:16 pm

Yeah I saw a photo of these on the NZ forum the other week funnily enough!

I had a coil pack go on mine then but instead of paying over £120 on a Toyota one I bought a pattern part one from Auto Electrics Uk(through Ebay) for £39.99. fitted it in now time and all sorted with no issues so far :)

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”