Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Forged engine rebuild vvti cam timing problem

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
turbotezza
Trc Off

Re: Forged engine rebuild vvti cam timing problem

Postby turbotezza » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:20 pm

oh also mulling over what wastegate to have ,,,was thinking an external on manifold to turbo adapter with dump pipe not going back into exhaust just to kill the odd gran at zebra crossings lol
only kidding guys your grans are safe

turbotezza
Trc Off

Postby turbotezza » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:25 pm

ive heard that also about apexi but never had any prob with mine as yet ,,,there old now and i think theres better out there t d i said that to me cant remember with what to use but quoted 1200 and i wanted fall over :lol:

cathal
Trc Off

Postby cathal » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:26 pm

turbotezza wrote:he is using a gt30 i beleve ,,your correct in saying a 5l but trust me matey the hx35 is a very competitive turbo for a 1.8 to a 5l and very reasonable to beat at the price ,,,they spool up very quick and are most commonly used on 2.5l or high reving 2l ...google it yourself or have a read on driftworks
the hx35 is good for 500bhp how much do you have to spend on a garret for that £1000 ? i got this hx35 reconditioned unit for 299!
i think i will get it remapped at torque developments thurrock but im gona have to run it in for 500 miles first and at moment i goto sort out return fuel line 1000cc injectors what afm to use ,any help there anyone??? an few other bits ,,oh and fit pair front recaros i got from type r :D

ah okay i didnt do much research on it just looked it up to see and said id just say it and see yano urself, i would like to see what you push out before i decide on buying a turbo, hardly know where theres anthor hx35? custom manifold i geuss? rather big injectors are they not? have u got a wide band very easy for getting ur afm with one, my engine is pretty much same as urs less the cams for now

turbotezza
Trc Off

Postby turbotezza » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:37 pm

ok will let you know first the bhp result ,,,there quite easy to find ,ebay etc,,,this one i got is a t3 or t25 i allways get 2 mixed up,, fitment 5 bolt ex which bolts to my manifold an exhaust an no water cooling pipes to run ,,,bonus,,i had a cheap ching chong china one before as brought the car not running in bits just to try it was a gt30 boosted ok but seemed to run out of puff ,,then i blew it up cos im stupid an lent it to ex to mot her car when it needed a remap was pinking on boost without 98ron
she morrisons fueled it lol
wide band afm?

oaasport
Trc On!

Postby oaasport » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:20 pm

I've been waiting for a Holset hx35 build on an altezza! Had one on my 1991 eclipse gsx. The turbo will be good for about 550hp if running e-85 and about 450 running pump. This turbo is hard to control, meaning lag lag lag- 3.5k rpm and bam shes off! The hx35 should have a t3 twin scroll 14cm2 housing and a 3" v-band exhaust flange for down pipe standard. If it has a t25 inlet it is a fake. Turbos much too large for that. Good luck with the build cant wait to see a dyno

cathal
Trc Off

Postby cathal » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:30 pm

more interest think its time u sat down n done that build topic?

cathal
Trc Off

Postby cathal » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:19 pm

any dyno sheet yet?

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”