Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

The Turbocharger vs Supercharger debate

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
Robin H
Southern England Rep

Postby Robin H » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:07 pm

so looks like the fmic doesn't come with the kit and is almost a 3rd of the price again

did they say what ecu came with the kit and how it is tuned

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:38 pm

they said it was an Blitz access ECU that came pre-programmed with settings for Altezza with the s.c fitted, im sure it would need to get mapped to run on 95Ron unless they could do this for you if requested.

This this project will have to go on hold for a while so. Too many unknowns, and trying to buy a house at the moment so dunno how i could explain a supercharger to the girlfriend!

elexes
Altezza Guru

Postby elexes » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:41 pm

yep im the same so im going to say i cleaned the engine and look how shiny the intercooler has become
if ive helped you in anyway vote for carlow to be the first tezzaworld drinking session

endapender
Altezza Guru

Postby endapender » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:38 pm

elexes wrote:yep im the same so im going to say i cleaned the engine and look how shiny the intercooler has become

you must have been planing this whole turbo build for a long while to have so many cover stories taught up. I must start writing them down :lol:

elexes
Altezza Guru

Postby elexes » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:44 pm

just after the rolling road i had to drop my car off to cda . so i broke down ;) had to drop the car off to the guarage because the oil pump is broke and there waiting for a part to come from japan :twisted:

the fule pump i was send was incorect it was for the is200 so that added another 2 weeks to the building time . im having the car serviced at the same time and hope to be collecting it next week sometime :)

so far so good shes bought it all :P

all is good and she dosnt have a clue about the ammount ive spent . she know i love cleaning the car and keeping it look good she knows i bought some new engine cleaners so wont come as to much of a supprise when she see'd a big shiny intercooler
if ive helped you in anyway vote for carlow to be the first tezzaworld drinking session

Robin H
Southern England Rep

Postby Robin H » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:02 am

Dan
don't call it a supercharger, tell her its a forced indutcion system
it'll be good practice for when you tell your insurance :lol:

Elexes
will she not notice the big turbo thingy and all of the new toys mounted round the dash

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”