Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

not getting fuel

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
lex looter
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby lex looter » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:05 am

ok after much tinkering around have finally found the problem,IT WAS THE FUEL PUMP :oops: ,the thing was we could hear the fuel pump running but when we took it out to test it it wasnt bringing fuel up into the line which was a first cause normally any fuel pumps that have gone in any of my other cars the fuel pump wouldn t run at all so it was a first so im happy to be back on the road again :D
you spin me right round baby,right round,like a record,right round,round round

Tezzy
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Tezzy » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:34 am

glad you got that sorted Lex 8)

quick question you might be able to answer since you're familiar with the fuel system now, where in the hell is the fuel filter?

i went into a toyota dealer shortly after converting to E85 to get a new filter and he couldnt find any on the diagrams of the fuel system.

is it in the tank?

Noel

Postby Noel » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:13 pm

Ya it's in the tank... :wink:

they are supposed to be changed every 150,000km

In my wifes A-Class the filter got blocked up and caused the fuel pump to burn out... cost 700 quid to get it all running again :cry:

lex looter
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby lex looter » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:29 pm

yeah i think the filter is attached to the pump if im right,its like a little sack,i think mine was on the way out before in installed the e85 kit,i put a is200 one in but i presume you could put a 2.0ltr celica one in from the same year,someone correct me if im wrong on that,but just in case im going to get the camcon wired up and try and have the car mapped for what its doing,just have to find someone who has it done already to see if they find a difference with it
you spin me right round baby,right round,like a record,right round,round round

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”