Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Trc and engine light on

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
ThatGuy
Trc Off

Trc and engine light on

Postby ThatGuy » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:03 pm

It is literally one thing after another with my car and it's really starting to piss me off.
So I think I've sorted my idle hunting buy playing with the idle control valve so now it doesnt get to the point of cutting out but still idles very high (at around 1800) but now I'm getting the TRC light flashing with the engine management light constantly on. And also my throttle has dropped so it only engages half way down the peddle.
Please tell me someone on here knows whats going on, I'm getting to the point of just selling my car and trying to either find one that hasn't been f*** with so much or buy something s@3! and boring.

ThatGuy
Trc Off

Re: Trc and engine light on

Postby ThatGuy » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:12 pm

If anyone cares I managed to solve the problem tonight with a absolute hero of a friend.it turned out that the throttle was engaging half way down due to it being a fly by cable so the first half of the movement in the throttle cable is electronic driven by a motor in the throttle body. And the engine and trc lights were from the throttle position sensor being a dick so a quick play with that and every thing was back to normal.
So if anyone's getting hunting idle give the tps a knock and it may solve the problem but for the love of got do unscrew it, that when s@3! really goes wrong :)

RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Re: Trc and engine light on

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:50 am

Glad you sorted this and good to know it was the throttle position sensor :)

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”