Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

3sge beams tiptronic help

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
hamzzzz
Noob!

3sge beams tiptronic help

Postby hamzzzz » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:49 am

hey guys,

I have swapped an altezza 3sge beams auto engine in my 73 celica. I know the engine and the auto gear has tiptronic however at the time of the swap i had a normal gear assembly without the tiptronic shifting option. My mechanic and ECU guy hasnt worked on a project with tiptronic before and so they cant figure out how the tiptronic can be setup in my case. I now have a mercedez c180 gear assembly with the option of up and down shifting. Does anyone know how the tiptronic can be activated? Is there any wiring on the ecu related to tiptronic? the engine was tuned and worked fine on the automatic assembly i used before. Please let me know how i can help my team get the tiptronic going.

Thanks

oaasport
Trc On!

Re: 3sge beams tiptronic help

Postby oaasport » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:20 am

In the states we have the autos with tiptronic in the is300. The tiptrpnic is controlled on the steering wheel with buttons for up and down. Since its in an older car, you need a custom wiring job and most likely a standalone transmission controller. Powertrain Control Solutions, about $700 usd and a good wiring/electrical guy. You can even opt in for a paddle shift to use (way cooler than tiptronic)

hamzzzz
Noob!

Postby hamzzzz » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:52 am

thanks for the reply. This is the gear assembly im thinking about using. Will i need a seperate gear controller or the factory ecu is enough?

oaasport
Trc On!

Postby oaasport » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:15 am

is this shifter out of an altezza? If it is, you should be able to get it to work. If it is not, I'd find an original and go from there as frankenstein projects can get expensive.

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”