Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Knocking noise

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
ThatGuy
Trc Off

Knocking noise

Postby ThatGuy » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:00 am

My altezza has developed a knock that sounds like it's coming from the gearbox, when I downshift and the revs are around 2100 I get a grinding noise but I can now hear the constant knocking when the can is just idling, Im getting a feeling it might be the flywheel but I cant be sure. Also it only does it when the car is coasting in gear as soon as I accelerate it instantly stops, also when I downshift I can feel something knocking through the clutch pedal
Does anyone have any ideas as to what it could be
Cheers :)

RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Re: Knocking noise

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:06 am

Just to confirm. If its out of gear (or with the clutch pedal down) and you rev it to (and past) 2100rpm, does it make the knocking noise or not?

ThatGuy
Trc Off

Re: Knocking noise

Postby ThatGuy » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:58 pm

No not when it's just idling It's when it's in gear driving and off the accelerator it makes the sort of rattly grindy noise at around 2100rpm. But I noticed today after an hour drive to work, with the car just idling and out of gear you can hear something rattling around from the gearbox/flywheel area

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”