Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

RS Tom-Hundred's Altezza :)

Once you've introduced yourself why not throw up a few pictures of your car or a project thread?
RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

RS Tom-Hundred's Altezza :)

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:58 pm

I love Jap cars and have had mostly Nissans for years (and a Toyota) and owned various Primeras (LX, eGT, SE+) for the last ten years! Wanted something a bit quicker and Ive always liked the look of the Lexus IS200 but its 6 cylinder heavy lump means if anything its slower than the Primeras!

So to solve this I got myself a 2000 reg Toyota Altezza RS200 a few weeks ago cos I fell in love with the 3S-GE BEAMS engine! :D

Needs a proper wash, polish and clay barring but here it is as it stood the day after I got it

Its a standard Altezza RS200 Z Edition other than:

> TRD suspension, which is really nice cos its firm, slightly lower but still very comfortable (Im getting old! LOL)

> Lightened aluminium flywheel and TRD clutch kit fitted by the previous owner as apparently they can suffer from a judder through the transmission when decelerating (usually downhill) through 3000-2800 RPM and can be quite a shake through the whole car so the original dual mass flywheel was removed and he thought he may as well change the clutch while in there!

> Front fog lights cos they weren't much cop apparently Tongue

No mods planned as such from me other than a few tidy up/upgrade bits like refurb/replace the wheels cos they arent the original Altezza ones and corroded too, paint calipers red, probably get colour coded rear light covers or partially tint them to get the twin round "R33" lights look, might paint some badges red too, do something with the missing gutter trim for the passenger side and get some import size plates!

I was thinking of fitting the lower TRD bumper spoilers and skirts but Im now liking the original ones the more I look at them and also gives it a sleeper/Lexus look to surprise a few people on the road! LOL

Thanks for looking :D

RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Re: RS Tom-Hundred's Altezza :)

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:08 pm

Last week I swapped out the silver Sony stereo (which didnt match the dash) that was fitted when I bought the car, for my better Kenwood one.

Before:

After:

Also tackled the faded/yellowing headlight lenses with some toothpaste and although I was sceptical, it gave great results :)

Before:

After:

This was after only two good sessions of buffing with the toothpaste and the yellowing has completely gone really and loads clearer looking into the inside of the headlight! I reckon if I did the same again they would be completely crystal clear BUT I intend to leave them like this as they almost have a slight greyer tint to them at this stage and looks cool against the colour of the car :wink:

Also ordered my 13" x 6" import number plates so I will pick them up tomorrow :D

Trd Shane
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Trd Shane » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:46 pm

RS Tom-Hundred wrote:Last week I swapped out the silver Sony stereo (which didnt match the dash) that was fitted when I bought the car, for my better Kenwood one.

Before:

After:

Also tackled the faded/yellowing headlight lenses with some toothpaste and although I was sceptical, it gave great results :)

Before:

After:

This was after only two good sessions of buffing with the toothpaste and the yellowing has completely gone really and loads clearer looking into the inside of the headlight! I reckon if I did the same again they would be completely crystal clear BUT I intend to leave them like this as they almost have a slight greyer tint to them at this stage and looks cool against the colour of the car :wink:

Also ordered my 13" x 6" import number plates so I will pick them up tomorrow :D

De badge the front grill or get the debadge grill .. Will look class 8)
"If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem"

EireAltezza
Trc Off

Postby EireAltezza » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:02 pm

nice but please god get rid of the toyota badge in the grill :x

RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:48 am

Haha! Thought this might be a point of contention! :P

The badge was on when I got it and I must admit I did think of loosing it as I do like the clean grill look but Im preferring the look of confusion on peoples faces when I drive up behind them and they see the Toyota badge at the minute! LOL

peter0991
Altezza Guru

Postby peter0991 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:10 pm

Polish works better than toothpaste. Fact! :lol:

RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:54 pm

I had a go with normal polish in a small area and didnt do much but maybe needed something harder like T Cut I suppose.

Got the import plates fitted and much prefer the look :D

Trd Shane
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Trd Shane » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:41 pm

RS Tom-Hundred wrote:I had a go with normal polish in a small area and didnt do much but maybe needed something harder like T Cut I suppose.

Got the import plates fitted and much prefer the look :D

You forgot the toyota badge hahaha
"If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem"

RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:13 pm

:lol:

RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:03 pm

Realised that I haven't updated this for ages!

Apart from the obvious engine issues and having that out and doing crank & bearings etc
(see here: )

Since then I have split the headlights and painted them black inside, tinted the rear lights (leaving red bit untinted and bottom strip less tinted), done a machine polish on it and fitted a red pinstripe to each side and the front grille.
(^that was before i tinted the bottom strip section a bit)

This is how it stood then:

Also I had a missing gutter strip so I replaced them both with gloss black ones from an IS200

Then last week I got my 18"x8J RX8 wheels sorted and on the car. They were off eBay and in a state but sfter tackling them with angle grinder then working through the grades of sandpaper, I blended and feathered it all in and they came up well when I painted them. Had to get Dad to turn down some plastic spigot rings to fit and then added some grey/red Project Mu nuts, flush valves and Toyota centre caps :)

And at JAE last weekend (was getting dark by the time I finished polishing and waxing cos I left it late while catching up with Tosh and lots of Lexus drivers on Outlaw Jap Club stand)

Tosh21
Altezza Guru

Postby Tosh21 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:29 pm

nice job on the lights! been wanting to do that myself for ages, did you just rattle can them?

RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:53 am

Yes mate, took the amber bits out, removed the chrome insert and rubbed it down with a scotch pad before couple of coats of primer and then matte black paint :) Need to wet sand the lenses though and protect with UV spray as it shows up more now the insides are black rather than chrome and not sure the toothpaste is going to cut it now! LOL

Return to “Member's Cars / Projects”