Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

My First Build

Once you've introduced yourself why not throw up a few pictures of your car or a project thread?
Tosh21
Altezza Guru

Re: My First Build

Postby Tosh21 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:42 am

Think I need to roll my arches.. and paint them!!

Exhaust was scrapping on leafs and I didn't want to raise the car any higher, it already looks too high :( so took off the exhaust to remake it and sit it further up. Some nice colors from the heat

The damage from trying to get over a speed bump before abandoning the car at the side of the road and walking home

Raised her right up, sits above the chassis arms now so it shouldn't be getting snagged all the time. Fitted a flexi too, not really needed but it was more to save me time on trying to get the pipes to fit together again after raising the front half. The front and rear section wouldn't meet if it was solid.

Made a ghetto looking PAS to AC adapter plate

Fitted ghetto plate to where the AC was

Made some hoses for the reservoir and plumbed everything up. The reservoir comes off the old PAS bolt holes and sit in front of the engine away from all the hot bits so hopefully It will live a bit longer.

Struggling with a belt though, can't fit the tensioner in there so going to try a few different belts until I find one that isn't too tight when fitted and if not then will have to try make some sort of bracket for a tensioner.

Unfortunately, I don't think she will be boosted for JAE :( Dam tax man has been taking too much off me for the last 3 months

RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:28 am

Good work mate and keep the faith. Shame it wont be boosted by JAE but will be great to see it and meet you there still! :)

Tosh21
Altezza Guru

Postby Tosh21 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:18 pm

Cleaned up the turbo housing so that bits of ali don't melt off and hit the turbine. Came up surprisingly nice!

Started doing some intercooler pipes, pretty easy really just had to move the ecu box a little to make space. Ran out of bends unfortunately so hopefully get a chance to do some more in a couple of weeks. Would have had it booked for a map on friday if I had had enough bends :(

Not ready for JAE at all, not even time to wash the car, or plug up any holes! Should be a decent weekend anyway though

RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:38 pm

Great to see this car and meet you at JAE this weekend mate :) Thanks for the thermostat advice too :)

Definitely need to sort an Altezza meet in central UK at some point next year and get a few of us together I reckon :)

Tosh21
Altezza Guru

Postby Tosh21 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:44 pm

yea man, was good to meet you! everyone I met seemed to be more interested in drinking than the cars lol I've finished the boost pipes just need to weld them up now and she can go for mapping pretty soon (almost)

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Postby mlcoolj » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:45 am

wow! haven't been on here for some time and wee what's happened! Great work man!

Return to “Member's Cars / Projects”