Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Windscreen replacement

Anything related to bodykits, wheels lights & other exterior things, post here
christonabike
Noob!

Windscreen replacement

Postby christonabike » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:12 am

Hi. I'm pretty sure I already know the answer but if someone could confirm it that'd be awesome! I'm getting my windscreen replaced due to a crack but national windscreens are a bit stuck finding the model (like most people!). I'm assuming that the screen's exactly the same as an IS200 but obviously wanted to check first!

Thanks in advance :)

RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Re: Windscreen replacement

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:04 pm

Yep, pretty sure it was when I got mine done back in either December or January. I definitely told them that it was! LOL

When it came, it had the wire for the heated screen on it and we found a wire on my Tezza that had a factory fit blank in that fit the plug! Plugged it in anyone but no idea if my car does actually have a heated front windscreen function - if so I'm not sure which button it is (does it work with rear screen button?)

Also, there was a clear oblong in the black outer bit (which is presumably for a chassis number on the IS200 but isn't there on the RS200?) but the guy just used the paint type stuff he had to cover it and you would never know it was there now it is fitted :)

matty
Trc On!

Postby matty » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:30 pm

Definitely interchangeable. The only difference the very early screens on the Tezza did not have the rear view mirror fixing - it was fixed to the roof, but its obvious!

RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:57 pm

Mine is on the roof not the screen which I much prefer cos it bugs me when you can see the mount on the screen from the outside! LOL

Does anyone know the colour of the screen heater wiring and whether I can hook mine up for the winter (im presuming I need to add a switch onto some wiring and it should work now that I have a screen with the wiring plug on?

Return to “Visual & Exterior section”