Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Sway Bar Advice

Want to know what to brakes/springs to buy?
Sask
Noob!

Sway Bar Advice

Postby Sask » Sun May 10, 2015 7:36 pm

Hey guys, about to order some parts for my Altezza and need some advice. I'm going to be getting some Tein Flex Z coilovers and looking to upgrade the sway bars at the same time. I'm going to be daily driving it with hopefully also some drifting. Right now I'm debating between the TRD Blue (same specs as Yellow) and Hotchkis bars. Because I am in North America the Hotchkis are actually about $50-$100 cheaper than the TRD. My question is are they too stiff? Most of the pro drift cars seem to be running TRD Yellow's but I have also seen a couple running Hotchkis. What do you guys think?

donato
Trc Off

Re: Sway Bar Advice

Postby donato » Mon May 11, 2015 2:15 pm

After doing a bit of reasearch on this, i'd probably suggest to go for the Hotchkis sway bars.
They aren't that much stiffer than the TRD bars, but they can adjust to go stiffer if needed.

Plus you'll be able to source them a lot easier!

Standard Front Hotchkis Front TRD Blue Front
Outer Diameter 26.5mm 32mm 30mm
Ratio Stiffness 56 - 61% 49%

Standard Rear Hotchkis Rear TRD Blue Rear
Outer Diameter 14mm 19mm 19.1mm
Ratio Stiffness 144 - 227% 99%

oaasport
Trc On!

Re: Sway Bar Advice

Postby oaasport » Thu May 28, 2015 6:58 am

Sask, if your in north america you own an is300 right,? Id get the stiffer bars as we dont have a 4-banger and ended up with the heavyweight of an i-6. The stiffer bars will help turn in, and flatter cornering asumming you get springs to suit the sway bar. So my suggeation is pick up a book from carrol smith called tune to win off amazon.com. anybody wanting to know true suspension engineering needs this book.

Return to “Brakes and Suspension”