Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

not getting fuel

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
lex looter
Tezza Fanatic!

not getting fuel

Postby lex looter » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:38 pm

ok i went out the other morning to start the car and it wouldn t go,it turns over alright but fuel is not getting to the engine,its not fuel pump related or anything to do with the immobilizer as i ve got the lad up who wored the alarm and we went through the system and pulled up the back seat and the pump is ok,anyone ahve any ideas if its anything to do with relays or the ecu,any help would be cool cheers as i havent driven the car in 2 days and im starting to get pissed off at this stage.ps,yes there s fuel in the car.
you spin me right round baby,right round,like a record,right round,round round

Rob
Altezza Guru

Postby Rob » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:49 pm

Are you getting a spark at the spark plugs?

R.

lex looter
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby lex looter » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:56 pm

yeah she s getting spark,no problem there,just gave her a service on monday,had a look under the hood where the fuel goes and turned her over and got no fuel through,the guy from the alarm company said that there was only 8 volts going through the system when he thinks there should be 12 and also when he was testing it he said that the ignition didnt seem to be getting full power either,i installed the bio fuel kit recently but unplugged that to see would it make any difference and same thing,turns over but no fuel getting through.

Noel

Postby Noel » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:32 pm

Whats in the tank? is it E85 or normal unleaded?

Rob
Altezza Guru

Postby Rob » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:17 pm

lex looter wrote:there was only 8 volts going through the system

Well that's not right. What point did he test with? Across the battery terminals? Have you tried jump starting it or charging the battery? If it works while getting a jump start, you may need a new battery. At 8 volts I'm surprised the engine is even turning over!

R.

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:06 pm

never had that with the biofuel on mine even when it was left for a week at the airport. it might take an bit longer, but you would here the car trying to start then once you get a spark the revs just jump up. did u totally disconnect the E85 kit? If you did and the same problem was still there you can rule out a dodgy biofuel kit. :wink: when u turn the key to acc, what voltage shows on the voltage dial? should be a 12V. Do you have any amps etc coming off the battery, might be staying on after you remove the keys

elexes
Altezza Guru

Postby elexes » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:42 pm

your alarm has drained the battery :wink:

i bet its a cliffard

could there be a "kink" in the fuling pipes ?
if ive helped you in anyway vote for carlow to be the first tezzaworld drinking session

Rob
Altezza Guru

Postby Rob » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:16 am

elexes wrote:i bet its a cliffard

You've had Clifford problems too? I really don't know why they are rated so highly in reviews.

R.

elexes
Altezza Guru

Postby elexes » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:14 am

Rob wrote:

You've had Clifford problems too? I really don't know why they are rated so highly in reviews.

R.

its a great alarm . however its brillent features can sometimes bite you in the ass cause you forget about them

ive already had to get people to break into my car twice cause i forgot the doors lock auto. and the blackjack system is clearly brillent however i forget about it loads of times and mess up the number sytem .

they are very hard on the battery.
if ive helped you in anyway vote for carlow to be the first tezzaworld drinking session

Rob
Altezza Guru

Postby Rob » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:33 pm

elexes wrote:
Rob wrote:

R.

its a great alarm . however its brillent features can sometimes bite you in the ass cause you forget about them

I've found them highly unreliable. I had Clifford alarms in my last two cars and had no end of trouble with them. They are great for a year or two but then they start to go wrong. The last one started disarming spontaneously - not good to come back to your car and find it unlocked! It was only sheer luck that it wasn't stolen. Fancy features are fine, but they're not much good if they cause you trouble!

R.

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:13 pm

Rob wrote:
I've found them highly unreliable. I had Clifford alarms in my last two cars and had no end of trouble with them. They are great for a year or two but then they start to go wrong. The last one started disarming spontaneously - not good to come back to your car and find it unlocked! It was only sheer luck that it wasn't stolen. Fancy features are fine, but they're not much good if they cause you trouble!

R.

Hi Rob did you get them fitted by Authorised Clifford dealers? They should come with a lifetime warranty

lex looter
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby lex looter » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:55 pm

cheers lads for the replies,ok heres the story,i disconnected the bio fuel kit yesterday it was one of the first things i done so it wasn t that causing it dan :D ,secound the alarm was a cobra alarm so the bro rang a guy he used to work with in linders and he said it could be that as he had 2 altezza s in during the week with fuel cut off problems from the alarm lads beware of that one,i also tried jumping the car off the brothers and no go there either,i also disconnected the battery for an hour and left the ignition on for 5 minutes after to drain power out of the lines,connected it again still no go,the engine light still appears to be on after i ve turned the key over so im presuming i can still get a diagnostic if needs be,do any of you reckon it could be the ecu,rang a guy earlier and he was looking for about 500 for once which i thought was a bit much as its just a standard ecu and if it is the problem id just go off and get a power fc for that money,and sorry for yapping on,its pissing me off now,lol

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:00 pm

check all your ecu wiring connections, maybe one came loose if you went over a dodgy bump. Check all the fuses too in the engine, reseat the ecu fuses too .

Z_Edition
Trc Off

Postby Z_Edition » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:53 am

elexes wrote:
Rob wrote:

R.

ive already had to get people to break into my car twice cause i forgot the doors lock auto. and the blackjack system is clearly brillent however i forget about it loads of times and mess up the number sytem .

they are very hard on the battery.

I thought you could program the Clifford Alarm preventing the auto lock?
POWER トヨタ アルテッツァ 3S-GE

Z_Edition
Trc Off

Postby Z_Edition » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:54 am

Rob wrote:
elexes wrote:
Rob wrote:

R.

R.

I've transferred between 2 cars with the same Clifford Alarm...no problems, bro...even have friends using them til today...all having no probs...I think it's the installation part that's the problem...

POWER トヨタ アルテッツァ 3S-GE

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”