Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

New guy from Edinburgh Scotland

Please post up a quick introduction about yourself here first before posting in any of the other sections. Enjoy the site
DaveMc
Trc On!

New guy from Edinburgh Scotland

Postby DaveMc » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:02 pm

Hello all recently just bought an altezza rs200 as a spare /repairs project That used to be a turbo but is now reverted back to an n/a

It still has a few toys from when it was a turbo, gauges apexi fc turbo timer ect that may be for sale at a later date once ive sourced a standard ecu to go back into the car ;) (as per my wanted add)

Ive never really been into these cars visually so not paid much attention to them, I am a mechanic to trade so this is a great learning curve for me as I love getting down to the nitty gritty with things I don't know and learn about them and the forum so far has been a vast of knowledge

Tosh21
Altezza Guru

Re: New guy from Edinburgh Scotland

Postby Tosh21 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:18 pm

Welcome! They are pretty decent cars to get down dirty with, most things are pretty well positioned and straightforward so makes it real good to learn on! I've learnt so much from playing with my tezza.

Just a quick one, I am in the middle of turboing mine and will probably be looking at april time to get her mapped, maybe sooner depending how much a turbo rebuild costs. If you can wait i can swap you my standard ecu for your power fc plus a bit of cash your way? 6MT RS200 ecu if its any good to you. can have my injectors and fuel pump too, if that was changed on your's

DaveMc
Trc On!

Postby DaveMc » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:22 pm

Hi Tosh thanks for the welcome :) the Ecu I have is mapped for a turbo on a greddy set up, the ecu part number i need going by this website is
89661-53070
had a look at the injectors today and they are the standard ones, (got the part number off the side and googled) not sure about fuel pump but I know its working good, turning the ignition on with the fuel pipe disconnected had a nice rainbow of fuel spray up into the air :lol:

Tosh21
Altezza Guru

Postby Tosh21 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:26 pm

Yep thats the one I've got. I'll PM you

SilTezza
Altezza Guru

Postby SilTezza » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:12 pm

welcome

RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!