Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Annoying heater problem

For all your audio/visual & general interior needs, post here
Trd Shane
Tezza Fanatic!

Annoying heater problem

Postby Trd Shane » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:12 pm

Ok I posted here ages ago about my heater problem and wonder has anyone else had this problem and solved it

Right the problem is when I put my temperature dial to 19 degrees the air is fully cold but when I go one notch which is 19.5 degrees the air becomes fully hot what can this be it's really irritating

I've been told to clean the cabin air sensor I've done that and nothing changed

Please help I'm melting in my car hahaha

After cleaning the cabin sensor to no avail I left it alone because it was summer time and was always on cold setting but now it just annoying cause there no regulating the temp and I'm either sweating or freezing haha

Someone save me from my misery :lol: :lol: :lol:
"If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem"

Tosh21
Altezza Guru

Re: Annoying heater problem

Postby Tosh21 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:29 am

It's probably the little flap motor. mine didnt even get to hot just ran cold air all the time and it turned out the motor for the flap wasn't doing anything

Trd Shane
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Trd Shane » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:47 pm

Tosh21 wrote:It's probably the little flap motor. mine didnt even get to hot just ran cold air all the time and it turned out the motor for the flap wasn't doing anything

The flap works perfect opens and closes perfect .. :/ it's really annoying what controls that flap though :D

Tosh21
Altezza Guru

Postby Tosh21 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:24 am

Oh actually just had a thought. The cabin temp sensor can get dirty and read wrong. I think you have to take the plastic under the steering wheel off where all the wiring is hidden should see it in there it looks a little like the maf sensor

Trd Shane
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Trd Shane » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:54 pm

Tosh21 wrote:Oh actually just had a thought. The cabin temp sensor can get dirty and read wrong. I think you have to take the plastic under the steering wheel off where all the wiring is hidden should see it in there it looks a little like the maf sensor

Tried that and nothing hahaha ... I think that's more when it's on the auto setting but it was worth a shot man haha ... This is so bloody annoying hahaha

Tosh21
Altezza Guru

Postby Tosh21 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:05 pm

Oh owel, worth a try! Mine doesn't work at all I have to put the fans to full and reach under the dash to flip the lever to blow hot air so I can only have full fans on hot or nothing. Atleast yours kinda works! Lol hope you find a fix, its well annoying not having heaters with normal controls

Trd Shane
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Trd Shane » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:18 am

Tosh21 wrote:Oh owel, worth a try! Mine doesn't work at all I have to put the fans to full and reach under the dash to flip the lever to blow hot air so I can only have full fans on hot or nothing. Atleast yours kinda works! Lol hope you find a fix, its well annoying not having heaters with normal controls

Woooooooow and there's me complaining about getting to hot or to cold ... In your cause you have to be a contortionist in order to get warm .. I will not complain again :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “I.C.E & Interior section”