Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Rhys K White Is200

Once you've introduced yourself why not throw up a few pictures of your car or a project thread?
Rhys K
Noob!

Rhys K White Is200

Postby Rhys K » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:06 am

Hey all my name is Rhys

first some history of some cars i use to own and what got me into liking the is200/altezza's

For the past 3 or so years i have been pretty much a FWD Fanboy and always loved driving them, so till Recently i was driving this

After alot of $$$ ment on it, i decided i need a change and with me passing my full license in NSW, it had to happen a lot sooner. So that brings me to what made me choose the is200, ever since my brother nathan bought his red caliente is200, i was in love but when he sold it and bought his black altezza i knew what my next car was, so after driving the altezza with the turbed 3sge i was hooked.

So for the past couple months i have been saving and slowly trying to find a clean example until i found nice clean white is200, so over the weekend i drove down with some mates to Victoria to pick it up

Engine: standard 1g-fe apart from K&N Air filter
Drivetrain: 6 speed manual
Suspension/Handling: BC VA Coilovers, unsure of spring rates at the moment..
Exterior: 17" caliente rims
Interior:Carbon fibre OEM Steering wheel, White LED lights throughout the interior, apart from that its pretty much stock

list of Things to do:
TANABE Front and Rear under braces
Figs hood prop Dampeners
Super Pro bushes front and rear
Led tail lights
rear tyres
front and rear pads and rotors
Clear fog lights
altezza Grill
10% window tint
New sound system as the current one is wired up redicolously and i hate the touch screen headunit..

Now onto the photos as it sits

And the only main damage on the car that happened on the drive back on the hume Fwy :/
Image[/URL]

Sorry for the s@3! quality iphone pics..

banan1984
Altezza Guru

Re: Rhys K White Is200

Postby banan1984 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:29 pm

Welcome!
D700 / RS200

Rhys K
Noob!

Postby Rhys K » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:40 am

Thanks for the kind words fellas!!

So over the past couple weeks, i have been busy servicing and just doing some TLC. So the things that have been done to car since purchase is NSW Rego, blackened the headlights, Purchased LED Red Tailights (should arrive tomorrow) Debadged the boot, Added LED Number plate lights, gave the engine bay i good clean and degreaser

The car has been booked to go in and get window tinted added (5% rear doors+window & 35% front doors)

Cambelt kit + cabin filter from nick aswell as some other goodies if funds permit

Chrome Altezza grill

Now for some mandatory Photos!
Before headlight restoration + Black Grille
After

Debadged Boot With Club Sticker Added

RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:24 am

Welcome :) Car is looking good, Rhys!

How did you blacken the headlights? Did you tint the outside or split the lens off and use tint or paint on the reflectors?

Rhys K
Noob!

Postby Rhys K » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:34 am

RS Tom-Hundred wrote:Welcome :) Car is looking good, Rhys!

How did you blacken the headlights? Did you tint the outside or split the lens off and use tint or paint on the reflectors?

Thanks!!

I heated the headlights up to 180 degrees for 4 minutes and seperated them and then painted the chrome reflectors satin black :)

RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:41 am

Cool, thanks :) What did you do in the area off to the side where the orange indicator bit is? Looks still clear yet tinted and looks good! :D

Rhys K
Noob!

Postby Rhys K » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:55 am

RS Tom-Hundred wrote:Cool, thanks :) What did you do in the area off to the side where the orange indicator bit is? Looks still clear yet tinted and looks good! :D

When you separate the head lights, the indicator orange lense can be separated from the chrome housing aswell, you just have to unclip it :D

RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:28 am

Cheers. Did you paint that bit too?

Rhys K
Noob!

Postby Rhys K » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:52 am

RS Tom-Hundred wrote:Cheers. Did you paint that bit too?

Nah i didn't mate, i just detached the orange lense and left the chrome reflector attached to the rear housing as i only painted the chrome reflector that came out freely :)

Rhys K
Noob!

Postby Rhys K » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:32 am

So while i had some spare time before christmas, i received a couple goodies and got some things installed over the past week

replaced the cabin filter
New Vs Old

Got the windows tinted
35% front, 5% rear

LED Tail lights
Stock vs LED

LED Tail lights

Genuine timing belt kit, includes, cam seal, Hyd Tensioner, Crankshaft Seal, Timing Belt, Idler Assy, Water Pump & Cam Seal

Genuine Altezza Grill

RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:30 am

Looking good :)

Been trying to find an Altezza badge for the front like that but they are all really expensive or you need to buy the wholw grille! Anyone know where you can just get the badge for decent price?

Rhys K
Noob!

Postby Rhys K » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:02 am

So over the past month, i have Replaced my timing belt + water pump and other belts, had my Top radiator hose split as i pulled into my driveway after work one day, lowered the rear of the car and also purchased some nice new rims

Rims will be arriving in 6-7 weeks
Specs are 18x9 +35 Front, 18x10 +38 Rear (Picture below are the exact same rims im getting)

Result of my Split Hose

Aftermath of my old timing belt :unsure:

Went on a cruise to Wollongong with some of the lexus guys and stopped at the light house

and finally Installed my rear LED Foglights

Also gave the car a good wash today, Looks much cleaner!

Return to “Member's Cars / Projects”