Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

twin charging

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
elexes
Altezza Guru

Postby elexes » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:29 am

true but im looking to see if garage insurance would be a cheaper option
if ive helped you in anyway vote for carlow to be the first tezzaworld drinking session

endapender
Altezza Guru

Postby endapender » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:52 pm

If you get garage insurance can you put me down as one of your employees so I can go on the policy. Oh the possibilities

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:24 pm

Ill be your secretary!!

Noel

Postby Noel » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:15 am

Dan wrote:Ill be your secretary!!

Secretary's wouldn't be covered under garage insurance..... you slut :P

Dizz
Site Admin

Postby Dizz » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:33 am

Noel wrote:
Dan wrote:Ill be your secretary!!

Secretary's wouldn't be covered under garage insurance..... you slut :P

For garage insurance??? He just wanted to dress up in a skirt & put a pair of fancy glasses on :lol:

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:37 am

Dizz wrote:For garage insurance??? He just wanted to dress up in a skirt & put a pair of fancy glasses on :lol:

...and have a decent excuse for doing so! :oops:

elexes
Altezza Guru

Postby elexes » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:43 am

once your willing to stay late with the boss for those late night " meetings "
if ive helped you in anyway vote for carlow to be the first tezzaworld drinking session

Noel

Postby Noel » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:11 am

Correct me if i'm wrong but to actually get garage insurance you probably need to be in the motor trade and be vat reg. etc....

Don't know the exact details .... but a local man near me who ran a small garage (just 2 mechanics) went to pick up his daughter one night from a night club and got done by the guards for abusing his plate ( ie not work related).... it went to court and they fined him over a grand and took his plate of him for 6 months....

be sure to know the ends and outs... :wink:

elexes
Altezza Guru

Postby elexes » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:23 am

you could be right but i have been talking to a friend who imports cars himself hes not a semi ( could have the wrong name ) member and dosnt sell the cars there only for himself . so far hes got 7 and he is using guarage insurance. hes been stopped by the guards a lot so if they wanted to do him for lack of insurance im sure it would of been done by now .

i also know the owner of the bmw guarage here dosnt have his own insurance and just uses the guarage insurance for his m6 and porshe . but i dont think the guards have ever stoped him becides asking him who was doing 168 mph down the tullamore - birr road .

was that case down in kerry ? dont supose u know the name of the guarage that was involved cause ill look it up

Noel

Postby Noel » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:52 am

maybe insurance and trade plate don't go hand in hand like i thought.....

How to Apply for Trade Plates
Trade Plates are special registration plates obtained by motor traders/repairers. Each County Council obtain their own supply of trade plates on an annual basis.
The uses of the plates by motor traders/repairers are restricted to legitimate uses in connection with the motor trade e.g. not used after 6pm or at weekends & public holidays. They are issued for a period of one calendar year. The bulk of trade plates are issued in the first three months of the year.

The following is required:

Form R700 must be completed.
Garage Code must be given, this code is obtained from VRU, Shannon by the motor trader/repairer.
V.A.T number must be included on the form
Rate Account number or Planning permission number and date permission granted
Application must be accompanied by Irish certificate of insurance and appropriate fee (€268.00)
Renewal of Trade Plates (must surrender old plates, if lost completed declaration Form RF 134 to be submitted together with the above mentioned details).
If applying for a second set of plates the garage must prove they are necessary, i.e. prove increased usage

Further information can be obtained by contacting your Local Public Service Centre.

endapender
Altezza Guru

Postby endapender » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:26 pm

I know two different friends of mine that are insured under garage insurance and they both were given discs by the insurance company to put up the window. There was no reg on the slip but just the name of the driver and motor trade written on the slip. All they had to do was put the slip up on the window of whatever car they were driving

Dizz
Site Admin

Postby Dizz » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:56 pm

Ye trade plates & trade insurance are for 2 different things. Your trade policy is obviously to insure any car you drive on the road so your legit in that manner. Where as trade plates are to cover the car for tax so it can be on the road without having in date tax. But they are only supposed to be used for moving cars from 1 premises to another...

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”