Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Minty.Fresh BN Sports Altezza

Once you've introduced yourself why not throw up a few pictures of your car or a project thread?
Patturbo
Noob!

Re: Minty.Fresh BN Sports Altezza

Postby Patturbo » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:06 am

Cool build mate really pushing me towards jz power over sr20 for my drift build tezza project i will be starting after xmass keep up the good work, an hunger strike to pay for this build

peter0991
Altezza Guru

Postby peter0991 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:11 am

Keep it in the Toyota family man! Datsun parts are cursed, your car will never work with an SR

Got some engine mounts for a JZS161, 100mm tall. Loved these mounts on my last setup!

All bolted up. Had to mark them up so that they are lined up ok, since they do not have locating dowels like the oem ones.

Cant wait to drop it in already. Just a few more bits to do before i can go ahead.

Got fuel hose and some of the fittings, still waiting on a few more to arrive and I can run the lines and modify the fuel pump.

Jites was kind enough to gift me some piping and s@3!

It will do to get the car running at first, but wont probably be the final result. At least I can spend the money where its needed now.

Got the PAS bracket/brace made up

Also sent the shifter housing to get extended last night!

Got an aux belt. Ordered 1880 but 1890mm arrived.

Its ok, but a bit loose. Ill get a shorter one and keep this one as a spare. You never know when you might need one.

Removed the stock fuel pressure regulator and replaced with a barbed push fitting.

Clears everything, should be ok.

Blanked off some pipes on the manifold that aren't needed. From memory, they are used for various things on the jzx100 which I don't have, such as the charcoal canister, heater switch, power steering idle up etc.... f*** that s@3!!

Got some flywheel bolts at last

The heater matrix hose on the jzx comes out on the different side to the Altezza. That means you have to route it back to the drivers side. Nothing exciting.

Got a fuel filter, but not sure if I will use it just yet, since I have one in the fuel tank, but I might need to remove it when I modify it. Will see. Better having one, than not!

Even time outside the garage is spent occupied with the conversion.

Body plugs, all repinned and marked up ready to be wired to the engine. These are responsible for a few things. Power to sensors, injectors, coilpacks, starter signal, oil pressure, alternator signal wires, gearbox speed and reverse sensors etc... These will be wired into the JZ plugs that dont plug into the ECU on the engine loom.

So then it was time to remove the old fuel lines that will run on the exhaust side. Pain in the arse!

Main reason was because I couldn't drop the fuel tank down because all the bolts were grinded down from scraping them against the ground. Got them off in the end though

Once I removed stock lines, I had a think about where I was gonna run the new feed and return.

Decided, given the previous track record, that running them underneath the car could be risky. So ran them though the car using the opening for the altezza oxygen sensor.

Pikey'd a bit of pvc pipe to eliminate any sharp edges as they run through the bulkhead to prevent any fretting.

Same towards the back

All hidden away and not noticeable once the carpets are back in.

Thats about it for now

chewse
Trc Off

Postby chewse » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:14 pm

wow....simply wow

banan1984
Altezza Guru

Postby banan1984 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:46 pm

Fair play to You dude, that it's some amount of work!! :shock:
D700 / RS200

Trd Shane
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Trd Shane » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:15 pm

This is where I want to be in a few years .. Top work man ... Hard worker I must say .. Keep it up
"If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem"

peter0991
Altezza Guru

Postby peter0991 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:05 pm

Its not hard work if you enjoy it :lol:

Trd Shane
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Trd Shane » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:17 pm

peter0991 wrote:Its not hard work if you enjoy it :lol:

True words right there haha

peter0991
Altezza Guru

Postby peter0991 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:52 am

Figured out a bit more wiring. Grey chassis plug (BA1) has two black wires. These will need to be connected together to allow the starter relay to be operated.

Will be responsible for sending 'STA' signal to the JZ ecu to let it know that its being cranked so that it can adjust the parameters accordingly to start the engine.

Sorted the fuel pump this weekend.

Tank is divided into two parts. There is a jet pump which draws fuel from one side to the other where the pump is. When the fuel return is fed back into the tank, it needs to feed the jet pump.

Pulled it all apart and made a hole. There is only one place where you can drill it.

Lets not forget to remove the webbing on the underside.

In tank fuel pressure regulator that normally feed the jet pump is stuffed full of epoxy putty and crimped (hammered) shut.

End result is something like this. Return line is connected to the jet pump.

Fitted in, ready to go.

Last edited by peter0991 on Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Postby mlcoolj » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:50 am

nice work!!

Tosh21
Altezza Guru

Postby Tosh21 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:49 pm

Damn looking awesome! couldn't you just the the grey plastic thing right out and leave it? The other side will pump the fuel through itself when the sender on the driver side notices that it's higher than the main tank wont it?

peter0991
Altezza Guru

Postby peter0991 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:26 am

Cheers :)

No, the 'grey plastic thing - jet pump' is effectively THE pump to get the fuel from one side to the other. There is only one pump that pumps fuel to the fuel rail, and thats the one on the passenger side of the tank.

If you dont make the jet pump work, one side of the tank will be empty and the engine will cut out, while the fuel in the other side of the tank will still remain where it is.

Hope that makes sense. I put the diagram above up for a reason, it shows our exact fuel tank layout.

Tosh21
Altezza Guru

Postby Tosh21 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:26 pm

Ah ok. Yea I thought it had something to do with pumping the fuel out of the other side just wasn't too sure.

Good to see someone properly explain what they are doing and how to do it

peter0991
Altezza Guru

Postby peter0991 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:59 pm

This information is scattered all over the place and most of the time its difficult to know what to search for.

I found these articles pretty useful

http://www.autoshop101.com/autoshop15.html

peter0991
Altezza Guru

Postby peter0991 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:09 am

So, I must say, I got sick and tired of sitting around doing nothing while waiting for my clutch to arrive.

So I decided to carry on with a few other things while waiting. Got the rad and intercooler mounted.

Intercooler setup is high mount with short piping past the lights.

Required some chopping of the car and lights

Got a JZX100 downpipe

Should work ok with minor modifications

Then I looked at the engine again and thought to myself... Why the f*** haven't I heard this :) running yet?? Its been two months of staring at it with zero action. So I decided to drop it in and connect everything up without the gearbox.

Surprisingly a lot of space between engine and rad. The stock clutch fan even fits.

Connected everything up.... Fuel lines, relocated pas tank, vacuum lines, earths, igniter. Only to be left with this bit of wiring to do.

Looks like it was always meant to be in there

So next day I mentally prepared myself for the task ahead

And a few hours later it was kinda done. I was going to go into more detail regarding the wiring, but people seem to be more interested in shiny tape on the bulkhead... So i doubt wiring is of any interest to anyone. But I might if there is anyone is interested.

Now I am sitting and patiently waiting for another fuel pressure gauge to turn up because royal fail decided not to deliver it last week. Once that arrives, it will be time to turn that key.

Trd Shane
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Trd Shane » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:55 pm

peter0991 wrote:So, I must say, I got sick and tired of sitting around doing nothing while waiting for my clutch to arrive.

So I decided to carry on with a few other things while waiting. Got the rad and intercooler mounted.

Intercooler setup is high mount with short piping past the lights.

Required some chopping of the car and lights

Got a JZX100 downpipe

Should work ok with minor modifications

Then I looked at the engine again and thought to myself... Why the f*** haven't I heard this :) running yet?? Its been two months of staring at it with zero action. So I decided to drop it in and connect everything up without the gearbox.

Surprisingly a lot of space between engine and rad. The stock clutch fan even fits.

Connected everything up.... Fuel lines, relocated pas tank, vacuum lines, earths, igniter. Only to be left with this bit of wiring to do.

Looks like it was always meant to be in there

So next day I mentally prepared myself for the task ahead

And a few hours later it was kinda done. I was going to go into more detail regarding the wiring, but people seem to be more interested in shiny tape on the bulkhead... So i doubt wiring is of any interest to anyone. But I might if there is anyone is interested.

Now I am sitting and patiently waiting for another fuel pressure gauge to turn up because royal fail decided not to deliver it last week. Once that arrives, it will be time to turn that key.

Yeah stick up a write up about the wiring ID be interested alright as I'm buying another Altezza shell and hopefully will be doing the same setup as this :D

Return to “Member's Cars / Projects”