ImageGreetings! Welcome to Tezzaworld website, unfortunately you are a few years late to the show as nearly everyone has been and gone, there is still lots of useful archived material to read through, not many active users unfortunately, but that’s the way it goes, hopefully you are not too disappointed...

Raise Car Height

Want to know what to brakes/springs to buy?
Tamjeed
Noob!

Raise Car Height

Postby Tamjeed » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:42 pm

Hello Everyone,

I have a quick inquiry about the possibility of raising the car height on the Altezza. I've seen a post or two about this but...to put it into context..... the roads here suck! :P
granted theyre not undriveable but theyre riddled with massive potholes and the tezza tends to knock its underside when driving into them... or even over the occasional bump.

I was just wondering if its possible for the car to ride higher...by maybe swapping in longer springs?? would that add a few inches?? or would it just raise the body and the chassis would still remain at the same height??

Soiled
Altezza Guru

Re: Raise Car Height

Postby Soiled » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:16 am

Have you looked in to coil spring raiser blocks? I haven't personally used them but have heard of them. Essentially just some hardened rubber jammed between coils of your springs to raise the height.

chewse
Trc Off

Postby chewse » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:36 pm

i used these on a ae100 corolla i had a while back http://www.amazon.com/Superior-18-1201- ... B00029K20C

Tamjeed
Noob!

Postby Tamjeed » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:30 pm

Yeah I've been told about the hardened rubber spacers as well... Never seen those adjustable bolt kinds before though.
Where does that mount? between the spring and body??

Also...even if i do manage to raise the body height via spacer, bottom of the chassis is going to stay where it is though isnt it?

peter0991
Altezza Guru

Postby peter0991 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:22 am

You can get them for cars that tow caravans sometimes. They stiffen up and make the car slightly higher by effectively eliminating compression of a few spring coils. Made out of rubber irrc. Google it.

For reference, this is what I mean

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/33137079 ... 108&ff19=0

Return to “Brakes and Suspension”