Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

milage frozen

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
Noel

Postby Noel » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:57 pm

Robin H wrote:does your car have any sort of a speed de-limiter fitted to it ?????

if not I would be interesting to see if your car can go above 180kmph

the only reason I say this is I have the same problem on my Altezza (it's been like this for years just modifying has gotten in the way of me fixing it lol ) and I know that my car goes way over what it's limited to and I have nothing fitted to mine as far as I know ( the car had this problem when I brought it )
I've been wondering for some time know if there's away they can frig it through the clock so the speed limiter doesn't work,

As for the garage clocking it I can't see why they would do that after the car has been sold and the new owner seeing the working clock read out

Robin, wouldn't yours of had a MPH conversion done? think they may have messed up the calibration...

Over here we use Km/h so the only reason garages go near the gauges is to clock them back before advertising them as "fresh" imports.... unfortunately it is still going on in this country, was a case there recently where a garage were caught out ... see below

It is estimated that as many as 20 per cent of these cars will have been clocked. The ODCA is now taking the problem seriously. Following the conviction of a Dublin dealer for selling a car that had had its odometer reading reduced by almost 30,000 miles, the Director of Consumer Affairs, Ann Fitzgerald, said: "I am pleased that the judge convicted Suburban Autos. The company is lucky that it was only required to pay a total of €1,500 including costs and expenses. If the offence had occurred after July 2005, the maximum fine would have been €3,000."

bast**ds :x

moomoo
Altezza Guru

Postby moomoo » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:47 am

the fine is stupid, it should be at least 20000 a car.

tupac_healy
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby tupac_healy » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:21 pm

moomoo wrote:
Dan wrote:where did u buy it? Myabe remove the speedo cluster and see if the wires are connected properly

Where did u buy it if you dont mind me asking?

trade sales ireland up in dublin near lusk. they used to be in ballbriggan

Oh crap, I was readin down through this thread and they just popped into my head due to a recent thread!!!!

Oh no...........
www.xtreme-tuners.com

What you got under the hood??

Robin H
Southern England Rep

Postby Robin H » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:59 pm

Noel wrote:
Robin, wouldn't yours of had a MPH conversion done? think they may have messed up the calibration...

Over here we use Km/h so the only reason garages go near the gauges is to clock them back before advertising them as "fresh" imports....

they may of done. But all the other readings on the clock work fine
both trips A and B work fine and the speedo is fine it's just the master millage.

The only reason I've asked if his car will go over the limiter is to find out whether the speed limiter is using the speed from the master millage to calculate how fast the car is going thus giving the speed limiter an input speed.
So by disconnecting this input to the clock it will also make it so the speed limiter doesn't work, explaining why the master millage is frozen.
it could be as simple as a wire being disconnected from the back of the cluster

and as he as already said it was working when he test drove the car but not when he collected it so he would of known it had been clocked !!!

moomoo
Altezza Guru

Postby moomoo » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:19 pm

I took the speedo out last nite to check the wires were all connected and everything seemed fine so I put everything back and now everything is working again eventhough I didnt do anything apart from take it apart and look at it.

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:04 pm

obviously just a loose connection so

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”