Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

white_is - IS300 never ending build thread.

Once you've introduced yourself why not throw up a few pictures of your car or a project thread?
Steve86
Tezza Fanatic!

Re: white_is - IS300 never ending build thread.

Postby Steve86 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:19 pm

Hats off to you mate, thts an awesome build thread...Yu are a serious hardworker.. Good luck with the rest of the project, your future marriage and graduation!!
I'm in the White House

white_is
Trc On!

Postby white_is » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:03 pm

Steve86 wrote:Hats off to you mate, thts an awesome build thread...Yu are a serious hardworker.. Good luck with the rest of the project, your future marriage and graduation!!

Thank you!!!

chewse wrote:nice

:)

mlcoolj wrote:wow you found the push start button hahaha very nice.. Wheels suit em good! Good luck with the rest of the project! Congrats on the future marriage and graduation of course!

YES! I found the push start! lol I just happened to browse Yahoo Auctions Japan one day and came across it. It was mine no matter what.

Crazy thing is, TWO more popped up for sale within the week after I bought mine. Oh well, I got one so I'm happy.

Thank you though!

banan1984 wrote:Unbelievable work done to the wheels! I like that little start switch but pity that key still has to be there. Is it not too loud with that straight pipe?

Yeah still needing the key is a little bit of a bummer, BUT it adds a degree of safety. A friend of mine wanted to talk me into getting rid of the key but that meant leaving a fob under the dash for the transponder and would have made it VERY easy to steal. Break class, unlock door, hop in, flip the switch and drive off. I'm sure we could have come up with a hidden kill switch but I didn't feel comfortable with it anyway.

Jumping the clutch switch is nice though. Put the key in and turn it to on position, flip the toggle and push the button without having to push the clutch is nice. And I don't have to worry about breaking the plastic key cases anymore lol. Both of my keys have cracks in the cases.

No, it really isn't too loud with the Buddy Club. It's just an axle back exhaust and the rest of mine is stock so it's not too bad. My fiancé doesn't find it annoying so I think it's okay lol.

white_is
Trc On!

Postby white_is » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:04 pm

Went out and took some pictures a couple weeks ago..

ImageDSC_3434 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

ImageDSC_3406 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

ImageDSC_3404 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

ImageDSC_3435 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Those were the only ones that came out okay, without editing. I have more but haven't messed with them :lol:

Sold my Cusco rear strut bar..

Because I found a Carbing bar that I REALLY wanted. Came in yesterday.

Picked up some longer bolts for my steering wheel this afternoon, just need to wire my horn button up. Hopefully get that done this week.

Going to install the Carbing bar today/tonight/tomorrow morning sometime lol

white_is
Trc On!

Postby white_is » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:39 am

Got the Carbing bar installed earlier. Could have been cleaner on the carpet cutting but the Cusco mounted different so I had to cut twice lol

And picked up longer bolts for my wheel and spacer so I put that in to make sure everything was good to go.

If I get time tonight I'm going to see if I can get the horn button wired up :)

Also need to pull my rear fenders a TINY bit.

ToMs2jz
Trc Off

Postby ToMs2jz » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:10 am

thats my right hand man right there
JDM TRD NEO

white_is
Trc On!

Postby white_is » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:21 pm

Lets get a caught back up a little...

Managed to get a Carbing front strut bar to match the rear bar, cooling plate, and shift know :)

Drove over 1,600 miles for a car show with the car as is, loaded down with a bunch of extra stuff.

ImageDSC_3915 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

ImageDSC_3916 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Last edited by white_is on Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

white_is
Trc On!

Postby white_is » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:23 pm

ImageDSC_4051 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

ImageDSC_4095 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

ImageDSC_4137 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

ImageDSC_4138 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

ImageDSC_4142 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

ImageDSC_4180 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

ImageDSC_4253 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

ImageDSC_4256 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

ImageDSC_4236 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

ImageDSC_4265 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

ImageDSC_4292 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

ImageDSC_4302 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

ImageDSC_4315 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

ImageDSC_4345 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

ImageDSC_4351 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Bonus picture of my friends RLine CC

ImageDSC_3840 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

white_is
Trc On!

Postby white_is » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:27 pm

ImageIS300_Rolling-11 by EvanShanks, on Flickr

ImageIS300_Rolling-21 by EvanShanks, on Flickr

ImageDSC_4552 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

ImageDSC_4545 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

ImageDSC_4543 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

ImageDSC_4584 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

ImageDSC_4589_2 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

ImageDSC_4589_1 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

ImageDSC_4556_1 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

And here is the link to the rest of them that my friend edited. He actually was the one taking them, just used my camera.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/evanshanks/

white_is
Trc On!

Postby white_is » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:31 pm

Got some new keys since mine broke lol.

And this is how the car currently sits. Just moved to a new job in a new area so I raised it and pulled the Blitz off. Plus it's "winter". We will see what this year brings!

I did manage to make a recent purchase. Just recently found that these were even made so when I found a pair I jumped on them.

Modellista clear trunk lights.

They aren't perfect but I have an idea of a plan for them.

RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:13 am

Looking great :) Really like the look of your car and only thing that slightly bugs me is the exhaust not being central in the bumper recess but that's my OCD! LOL) The rear lights look awesome - did you paint or tint the inside?

Those new centre rear lights look good and just need a bit of toothpaste or a light sanding to bring them up I bet :)

Great work mate! :D

white_is
Trc On!

Postby white_is » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:35 pm

RS Tom-Hundred wrote:Looking great :) Really like the look of your car and only thing that slightly bugs me is the exhaust not being central in the bumper recess but that's my OCD! LOL) The rear lights look awesome - did you paint or tint the inside?

Those new centre rear lights look good and just need a bit of toothpaste or a light sanding to bring them up I bet :)

Great work mate! :D

That's actually how the exhaust was made, it's a Buddy Club Spec II. They usually angle up and out. I do agree that it needs some tweaking, and honestly there is a bolt missing where it connects to the B pipe I think LOL. Just been so busy I haven't had time to mess with it. I would really like it to be centered a little better and poke out about an inch more than it does not but it hasn't bother me too much yet lol.

Yeah, I had a guy paint me a set of tail lights here in the states. MMSport http://www.mmsportonline.com I've actually purchased another set of stock chrome tail lights for an eventual LED build.

Which is why I purchased the Modellista lights. I think they'll clean up okay as far as the yellowing goes, but it really looks like the spider webbing is on the inside of the lenses. At some point I'll take some polish to them and see what happens, but I'd really like to fill them with LED's also.

Thanks though! It's great having people appreciate what I've put together!

Return to “Member's Cars / Projects”