Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

77 Beams GT Celica

Once you've introduced yourself why not throw up a few pictures of your car or a project thread?
oxide7
Trc On!

77 Beams GT Celica

Postby oxide7 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:08 pm

Its not an RS200 or Altezza, but it does have its heart.

This is a 1977 Toyota Celica GT (Liftback) with a Beams 3S-GE powering it.
It's not the first of its kind that's for sure, and its not even the nicest or best I've seen but hey, start small.

Here's how it started:

And here's what it looks like now.

It's no where near done, and it's taking so much longer than I would hope and costing way more than it should, but that's project cars isn't it.

banan1984
Altezza Guru

Re: 77 Beams GT Celica

Postby banan1984 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:29 am

Fair play & respect!
D700 / RS200

LovingMyAltezza
Noob!

Postby LovingMyAltezza » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:05 am

Hello from England,
That's a little cracker! Kudos to you Sir. I always liked this shape, they were around in number back when I was at school. I have a couple in my 'garage' on GranTurismo5 (which I only indulge in at my cousins' house, or I'd get nothing else done in life). Can I ask what weight the car came out at? This is exactly the sort of project I want to be doing when my garage is finished. I bet you are suprising a few hundred new car owners every time you take it out! (Oh, and I like the Buick Regal. One day, I'll have a GNX. One day...)

Hi-5 from the South-Coast to you.

Oh, and I just spotted the Toyota Pious (not a typo) in the background - well, I see that your car has greener credentials than it has! Re-use, Re-purpose, Re-cycle!

oxide7
Trc On!

Postby oxide7 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:23 pm

Those other cars aren't mine. Those pics are from when I bought it.
My GNX broke years ago and was sold off.

Currently I use the Celica, and I have a 91 Mazda 323 for when working on the Celica. I had an RX7 FD but sold it when the motor blew. sticking to cheap reliable cars these days.

I haven't weighed the car, but doing the math it should weigh about ~1050kg (~2300lbs)

It's a blast to own. people love checking it out and barely anyone knows what it is.
Due to the sound it makes and the looks everyone tries to race me which can get annoying but its funny.
It does surprise a lot of people when they see whats in it, or that I can easily keep up or pass lots of the cars that do try to race haha.

Return to “Member's Cars / Projects”