Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

HiD headlights

Anything related to bodykits, wheels lights & other exterior things, post here
Viperion
Noob!

HiD headlights

Postby Viperion » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:56 pm

Hi guys,

I am having a nightmare of a time trying to get a replacement HiD aftermarket bulb for my 2000 AS200.

The information I have is that the bulb is a D2S, 6000K, 35W HiD bulb. The issue is that it has some kind of non-standard fitting - the garage I took it to was going to take some more standard HiD bulbs and wire them on to my headlight assembly but found that I have three wires going to the lamps instead of two.

I have no idea what that even means.

I didn't even know I had HiD bulbs until I tried to buy a Halogen bulb to replace it.....

Pics coming soon, but if anyone knows a good site where I could get a replacement bulb from that would be awesome. The garage is trying to talk me into replacing the whole F********** headlight assembly. This seems a bit excessive for one $&^@%^&! bulb. (I'm a little angry right now).

Any ideas?

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Re: HiD headlights

Postby mlcoolj » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:57 am

Viperion
Noob!

Postby Viperion » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:30 am

Oh how I wish it were that easy... no sir, that won't work.

The bulbs I have, have a different mount to the headlight assembly (they have three "lugs" surrounding them) and the ones freely available pretty much everywhere have a very different mounting system. Also, those ones have two wires going from the bulb to the ballast, where my system has three.

Thanks for trying though. This really is getting me down.

Viperion

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Postby mlcoolj » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:46 am

The ones I posted are only the bulb with no wires? there should be a connector on the bulb to free it from the wire harness so you can connect the new bulbs.. haven't you got a picture??

EDIT: is yours like this one?

Damok

Postby Damok » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:41 pm

Would you not just, but a new hid kit ! !
Newbie click the link, $ $ $ $ $
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

chewse
Trc Off

Postby chewse » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:02 pm

this seems a bit confusing ...how can u not know u have a 6000k hid bulb? what colour is the bulb when u turn on your headlights? did only hid bulb type i know with more 2 wire are the hi/lo bulbs or type 2 bulb and our cars dont use this bulb type or maybe yours does.....it would be best to post of a pic of the bulb and headlight...your info seems to indicate your bulb/headlight isnt standard u might have an aftermarket setup

sxe10mike
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby sxe10mike » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:56 pm

Pictures would be a major help.
Why complain when nobody listens?

Viperion
Noob!

Postby Viperion » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:43 pm

Yep going to post pics when I can.

It is an aftermarket kit. As far as I can tell it's from these guys:

http://www.bellof.co.jp

But even on that site all the pics I can find are of a standard HiD bulb, not whatever I've got. The bulb I have and will post pics of later has this on the side:

BELLOF
D2S - 35W

Here's a very basic MS Paint drawing of what my bulb looks like if you look at it head on - obviously it's not a photo but it shows what I mean when I say "three lugs":

Cheers
Viperion

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Postby mlcoolj » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:03 am

ok.. I think you need to buy a whole new HID set.. cost you less than a new headlight assembly.. what you have, like you said, is an aftermarket bulb...

Viperion
Noob!

Postby Viperion » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:26 pm

OK so here's a link to an Amazon page which has my type of bulb in it.

http://www.amazon.com/Innovited-Xenon-C ... sbs_auto_5

Does anyone know where I can get that kind of BULB only, without the conversion kit? Note the plastic mount at the base of the bulb; this seems to be what is the hard part to source.

My garage got the right kind of bulb (YAY) but it has wires, well, wired to it that are different to the wiring setup in my car (BOOOOOO). So what I'm looking for are bulbs that look like those in the link, but which are JUST the bulb and housing with no wires attached.

Help?

Cheers
Viperion

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Postby mlcoolj » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:03 pm

never saw this kind of hid before... If I was you I'd just buy a complete new set (they aren't that expensive anyway...) and replace it all.. you've got aftermarket anyway...

Return to “Visual & Exterior section”