Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

mlcoolj's RS200-Z...

Once you've introduced yourself why not throw up a few pictures of your car or a project thread?
mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Re: mlcoolj's RS200-Z...

Postby mlcoolj » Wed May 08, 2013 1:41 pm

lol! you know what to do :lol:

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Postby mlcoolj » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:20 am

Not much to report over here, other than the fact that I've been enjoying the car, it's up for NCT next month But I got nothing to fear :P I got her alligned last month and changed the license plate bulbs:

And started doing some wrapping :P :
Before:

After:

Closeup:

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:32 pm

Looks good is that brushed aluminium, have been looking at doing something but not sure what, you doing dash as well
Just had my nct passed first time especially on emissions as normally takes a while :lol:
good luck though :wink:

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Postby mlcoolj » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:02 pm

Yeah Mike, brushed aluminum, wanna do the dash too but need more film... Did you do anything special for the emissions part??

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:28 am

not really, got apexi air filter, trd back box, homemade earthing kit, voltage stabilizer and better battery from last mot so something there or perhaps all of them helped not sure but saves loads of hassle like normal :lol:

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Postby mlcoolj » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:26 pm

lol ok... seeing as I have to work, I'll let a mechanic take the car for me, I'll notify him that this can happen.. I think this will be the first Tezz up north here in Holland that has to go through mot so my guess is that they are going to use is200 numbers... :(

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Postby mlcoolj » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:50 am

Failed NCT the first time on:
Rear tires --> Cracks on them, canvas visible
Front right wheel bearing --> Was starting to "woo"
Rear fog lights not working --> They couldn't find my ghetto button :lol:

So I ordered some new tires (Federal SS595 in 225-45-17 at 66,- a pop) and a new wheel bearing @ 82,-
A week after I went in again and all was fine and now I have NCT/MOT till October 2014.

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:25 am

nice one, should be ashamed of the tyres though :lol:
never had federals any good

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Postby mlcoolj » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:41 pm

wahahah yeah, I should be ashamed I think.. checked them though before I sent her off... I don't know man, up till now they feel ok, grip is similar to the dunlops I had before them but then again I'm no boy racer, just like to cruise along.. I read mixed reviews on the net about them, but I thought.. what the heck, I'll give em a try seeing I needed tires fast and the other moneypit (the house) is slurping all my cash :lol: , in a few months I'll change the front tires too to some hankook's or toyo, dunno yet.

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Postby mlcoolj » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:27 am

so I didn't update this much lately but there has been some work done to the car :)
Firstly I installed this one:

Then one day I was checking my rear swaybar bushings, because I found that the car was too tailhappy at like 120 km/h and found my rear swaybar looking rather poor, so I took it out and gave it a paint with Hammerite, it's a Dutch product I think, you can paint over rust with it and it penetrates and stops the rust and protects from there...
Put on new bushings too but to no avail.. will get to that later...

Then I cleaned my throttlebody and intake:
Sorry no pics of the aftermath :P

Then I bought me some pads and rotors for the front:

Found some original skirts, finally! but as I opened the package I came to the conclusion that they were white... Testfit:

My thermostat gave up on me so had to change that one too, old one is on the right:

Gave her a good polish:

Got me some front new tires:
Uniroyal rain sports 215/45/17

The rubberseal around the glass of my sunroof was starting to dry off and let go of the glass so I changed the glass:
It's an easy enough job, just 4 bolts and you can lift it off...

Painted my calipers black:
While doing this I found this... :evil:
some sweaty feet!!

Then I found some silver sideskirts so I sold the white ones and got these, thanks Mike!

Installed an engine damper but that stayed on for like a week and I took it off, the vibrations were making me crazy!! :lol:

Got me a backbox, looked rather nice when it was installed...
Until I went for a drive, wayyy to loud If I'm gonna leave early in the morning the neighbours don't have to hear me leave...
So I took it off, will go for sale in a bit, If anyone is interested, give me a shout and see if we can work something out...

A week later I was at it again, this time on the suspension, this was the result:
Got me some TTE springs and I got to say, she looks rather sexy now! Ordered some rear kyb gas shocks to get rid of the sweaty feet she had. I think the front ones need to be replaced too, but not sure about that, I find the car a little bouncy on the front, so I'll get it checked when I go in for an alignment some time soon.
Oh in the process of lowering I managed to damage the near side speed sensor so now my dash thinks it christmas! :lol: Got a new one on the way, hope this solves the problem...

I also saw some alcantara interior online, I'll see if I can buy it and be done with that too...

That was it for now folks! Thanks for looking!

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:14 pm

Looking good mate, makes me really miss mine :cry:

choopz
Altezza Guru

Postby choopz » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:10 pm

Very nice man, keep up the good work :wink:
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

banan1984
Altezza Guru

Postby banan1984 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:28 pm

Good stuff man! I have engine torque damper as well and there is no vibrations that makes me crazy :P I had some with vibratechnics engine mounts
D700 / RS200

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Postby mlcoolj » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:37 am

thanks guys! yeah banaan those were those little vibrations.. I was done with that, so took it out lol

chewse
Trc Off

Postby chewse » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:21 pm

nice

Return to “Member's Cars / Projects”