Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

fender roll

Anything related to bodykits, wheels lights & other exterior things, post here
SilTezza
Altezza Guru

fender roll

Postby SilTezza » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:42 am

just fitted a new shoes few days back but my rear fender keep on rubbing.. anyone has roll their fender themselves other than workshop?

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Re: fender roll

Postby mike_01 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:43 am

there are fender rollers on ebay and some places that lend them out seem to be good I've not used one but was thinking about getting one, not sure if it distorts the wheel arch though, makes it wavy or anything but they seem to be very popular in a lot of the drift clubs but then they don't really care too much for body work only having the highest offset and widths :lol:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wheel-Arch-Ro ... 3228wt_844

SilTezza
Altezza Guru

Postby SilTezza » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:46 am

mike_01 wrote:there are fender rollers on ebay and some places that lend them out seem to be good I've not used one but was thinking about getting one, not sure if it distorts the wheel arch though, makes it wavy or anything but they seem to be very popular in a lot of the drift clubs but then they don't really care too much for body work only having the highest offset and widths :lol:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wheel-Arch-Ro ... 3228wt_844

i already saved this item in my watch list and watch the video also in the youtube, seem professional work but worth to try.. maybe someone ever used this item before..

peter0991
Altezza Guru

Postby peter0991 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:30 pm

I bent the lip back with pliers :lol: :lol:

altezza kc
Trc On!

Postby altezza kc » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:40 pm

Hammer and heatgun no need for fancy arch rollers lol

twiglett-RS200
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby twiglett-RS200 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:13 pm

there are two ways of doing it.
do you care about your body work?
if yes choose option 1
if no choose option 2

1. use an arch roller and a heat gun.
clean the inner edge of the arch and maybe spray some anti corrosion stuff onto it, warm the arch until its almost too hot to touch but dont overdo it as the paint can burn and will discolour. gently and slowly fold the lip that pokes into the wheel arch until it is flush against the outer skin this can take many many hours if you are a perfectionist.
if the paint on the edge of the arch lip cracks touch it up with the correct colour paint so there is no bare metal.
stand back and admire........... then decide to use option 2 on the other side as option 1 took all day.

option 2
big hammer or mallet.
using chosen weapon smack the lip of the arch until its out of the way.
repeat if necessary.

i have used both options on various cars and i must say the altezza rear arches are bloody tough so i usually start with option 1, switch to option 2 for the inner edge of the arch that will not be seen then go back to option 1 to finish it off.

tomo
Altezza Guru

Postby tomo » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:27 pm

I have one I bought with a couple of mates, easy enough to do just be warned that if there is filler or anything in you're arches it will all pop out. There are different ways of doing it, plenty of guides online.

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:58 am

I used a hammer on my old car as someone put way too big wheels on but after I did it the arch lip was all distorted and wavy and where it was flat just above the wheel well that was slightly distorted as well
I say pay someone professional to do it and if they f*** it up then they will have to sort it out

SilTezza
Altezza Guru

Postby SilTezza » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:30 am

twiglett-RS200 wrote:there are two ways of doing it.
do you care about your body work?
if yes choose option 1
if no choose option 2

1. use an arch roller and a heat gun.
clean the inner edge of the arch and maybe spray some anti corrosion stuff onto it, warm the arch until its almost too hot to touch but dont overdo it as the paint can burn and will discolour. gently and slowly fold the lip that pokes into the wheel arch until it is flush against the outer skin this can take many many hours if you are a perfectionist.
if the paint on the edge of the arch lip cracks touch it up with the correct colour paint so there is no bare metal.
stand back and admire........... then decide to use option 2 on the other side as option 1 took all day.

option 2
big hammer or mallet.
using chosen weapon smack the lip of the arch until its out of the way.
repeat if necessary.

i have used both options on various cars and i must say the altezza rear arches are bloody tough so i usually start with option 1, switch to option 2 for the inner edge of the arch that will not be seen then go back to option 1 to finish it off.

i do care my car :' ( LOL option 1 will do.. i also can make money with this fancy roller..

Mickymoe
Trc Off

Postby Mickymoe » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:18 am

Another way is to use a wooden baseball bat. Means you dont even have to take the wheel off :)

SilTezza
Altezza Guru

Postby SilTezza » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:57 am

Mickymoe wrote:Another way is to use a wooden baseball bat. Means you dont even have to take the wheel off :)

watched that on YouTube but dont have gut to do it

Mickymoe
Trc Off

Postby Mickymoe » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:32 am

SilTezza wrote:
Mickymoe wrote:Another way is to use a wooden baseball bat. Means you dont even have to take the wheel off :)

Use heat gun and it works a treat! Just take your time :)

SilTezza
Altezza Guru

Postby SilTezza » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:58 pm

Mickymoe wrote:
SilTezza wrote:

Use heat gun and it works a treat! Just take your time :)

done!! no more rubbing..

tomo
Altezza Guru

Postby tomo » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:07 pm

Good job there. Awesome wheels too.

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:41 pm

you spend all the money on your wheels and you use a base ball bat to roll your arches glad you used a heat gun though :lol:

Return to “Visual & Exterior section”