Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

white_is - IS300 never ending build thread.

Once you've introduced yourself why not throw up a few pictures of your car or a project thread?
mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Re: white_is - IS300 never ending build thread.

Postby mlcoolj » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:52 am

ok cool.. but what do you need to get the rest working? I think many people with is200's and 300's over here would like to make the change but those exact same issues hold them back... You can PM me too if you want...

tomo
Altezza Guru

Postby tomo » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:37 am

Nice looking car. Some nice sets of wheels you have/had, think the koenigs are my favourite out of all. Sits nicely on all tho.

Steve86
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Steve86 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:23 pm

Thats a serious transformation dude..keep up the good work... :wink:
I'm in the White House

white_is
Trc On!

Postby white_is » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:28 am

Finally grabbed some fog lights. Original Cibie SC Modular. Luckily my bumper had the original brackets so the fit right into place :)

And some new pictures.

white_is
Trc On!

Postby white_is » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:31 am

tomo wrote:Nice looking car. Some nice sets of wheels you have/had, think the koenigs are my favourite out of all. Sits nicely on all tho.

Steve86 wrote:Thats a serious transformation dude..keep up the good work... :wink:

Thanks guys!

white_is
Trc On!

Postby white_is » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:31 am

mlcoolj wrote:ok cool.. but what do you need to get the rest working? I think many people with is200's and 300's over here would like to make the change but those exact same issues hold them back... You can PM me too if you want...

Sorry, didn't know you wanted specifics lol. I'll grab some links and be back with more detailed stuff!

Ok I'd be interested to hear what kind of issues you guys have...

For us in the states, we have the 6 cylinder motor. For 2002+ the wiring is the same, so the rpms function as they should, but read about 1.5x what they should. Dakota Digital makes a converter box that will convert the signal to the correct output. For 2001 models, the rpm signal wire is in a different location on the plug. Simply move it to the correct location and it will function as should with the wrong output reading.

In the states we also have the MPH KM/H issue. I believe this functions with no issues on 2001-2005 without moving wires, but obviously reads in km/h. Again, Dakota Digital makes a converter box to correct this.

Now on the 2001 models the cluster also won't light up. The illumination wire is in the wrong spot. Move it to the correct one and it works fine. 2002+ don't have this issue.

Here are links to wiring pin outs I put together.
http://my.is/forums/6521773-post153.html
http://my.is/forums/6521776-post154.html

Oil pressure is questionable. This is from the thread over on My.IS, I have purchased and installed this sensor, but haven't wired it up so I can't give my experience.

http://my.is/forums/6594019-post251.html

Now we also have the ABS light on. I'm not sure why exactly, but a lot of them just pull the bulb out. ABS still functions as it should.

That should basically cover everything? Here is the link to the complete thread if you want to check it out. Just a lot of discussion, the good stuff is closer to the end/middle.

http://my.is/forums/f90/my-new-jdm-digi ... ed-415208/

And last but not least, here is the links to the Dakota boxes. I believe these are the correct ones. Oh, and no one has posted how they wired the Dakota boxes. I don't think it is that complicated once you get them and read the directions, but again I haven't tackled this yet. I had everything I need to make things function properly, just haven't taken time to do it!

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/ ... prd126.htm
http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/ ... prd127.htm

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Postby mlcoolj » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:54 am

ok cool man, thanks for the info... the issues people have are the rpm readouts, oilpressure and lighting. I bought me also a facelift cluster, had to put the wire for the lighting in the right spot so the backlight in the clusters would work, other than that spot on (But I have an altezza of course.... your fogs look good man! good job! now to find the emblem...

banan1984
Altezza Guru

Postby banan1984 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:06 am

Them fogs really did the job! What a clean example :shock:
D700 / RS200

donut46
Meath Rep

Postby donut46 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:54 pm

Love it, quick question where did you buy the roof spoiler??
QUALITAT ALTEZZA

Please Support Your Club
viewtopic.php?t=8309&f=2

TezzaWorld Car Stickers
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8724&hilit=stickers

Mickymoe
Trc Off

Postby Mickymoe » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:01 pm

one of the nicest and cleanest about. And that kit you have.......awesome!

white_is
Trc On!

Postby white_is » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:00 am

mlcoolj wrote:ok cool man, thanks for the info... the issues people have are the rpm readouts, oilpressure and lighting. I bought me also a facelift cluster, had to put the wire for the lighting in the right spot so the backlight in the clusters would work, other than that spot on (But I have an altezza of course.... your fogs look good man! good job! now to find the emblem...

Thank you! Yes, still haven't located the emblem :(

banan1984 wrote:Them fogs really did the job! What a clean example :shock:

Mickymoe wrote:one of the nicest and cleanest about. And that kit you have.......awesome!

Thanks guys!

donut46 wrote:Love it, quick question where did you buy the roof spoiler??

It's a UGO replica roof spoiler. Unfortunately the replicas are just as rare as the authentic piece, at least here in the States. A company made a few replica 2-3 years back but I haven't seen them around since. And their website no longer exists. It was called Aero-Tuned Parts I believe.

white_is
Trc On!

Postby white_is » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:22 am

So I was browsing YAJ a couple weeks ago just seeing if there was anything cool out there... Of course I'd stumble upon something I needed :lol:

Checked around on some other prices and decided to pull the trigger.

**car is filthy filthy filthy, iphone pictures, and the fender/sideskirt/hood weren't closed/bolted up**

Vertex 15mm wider fenders, they are already painted white, but it is a "super white" I think. Has no pearl in it. But they are in good condition. One side has a small crack but their condition is MUCH better than my fenders LOL.

I wasn't planning on buying them but since they were white I saved a BUNCH of money. My car is FILTHY in the pictures so I don't know for sure how bad they look but we'll see.

The problem is my tires are too tall so I can't run them right now :( It never ends. OHhh well.

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:40 pm

Nice body kit really suit's the car and I'm not a fan of them but definatly like it keep up the good work

white_is
Trc On!

Postby white_is » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:41 pm

Oil pressure working at idle after warming up (before fixing RPM's) and no ABS light.

Process of doing the fog light film

And some pictures of the process in getting power to the Ganadors.
(Sorry for iphone pictures)

Flipped the lock on the Ganador plug, removed it completely.

De-pinned all three wires.

Wrapped each in heat shrink so they can't ground out on eachother.

Find the door plug with the three pins together (pins 6,7,8 from the wiring diagram).

Fit the Ganador wires on and done.

As I said, right/left are opposites. But up/down work fine. You have to watch how far you adjust because they will get stuck.

I took a video and you can sort of hear the mirror getting stuck towards the end. You can hear me clicking the switch but the mirror not moving :lol:

Also, I have both sides going from left to right as Blue, Black, Brown. I tried switching them to see if it would fix the left/right issue but it did not. It made the up/down move left/right and left/right move up/down.

I haven't really driven the car since I finished, but I do think I gained some visibility from adjusting them. I'm short (5'6") so I don't know if it will help more/less for taller people but the passenger side is definitely improved.

This isn't the ideal solution, but for me, keeping my stock mirror harness and door harness untouched was key. No one would sell me the plugs from their mirrors cheap (understandably) and ebay prices are $70+ for ONE BROKEN mirror. No thanks. I'll still look around to see if I can snag some plugs someplace but for now this will do.

white_is
Trc On!

Postby white_is » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:43 pm

And my cluster is now fully operational! Oil pressure gauge hooked up and working, rpm's are corrected, and it is now reading mph. Got everything wired last night and then the speedo calibrated today :bigSmile:

Going to see about getting the fogs sorted out before the weekend. Feels good to finish projects for once :lol:

Also I finally wired my fog lights to work. Wasn't EXACTLY the way I wanted to do it, but it works just the same.

(sorry lots of iphone pictures lately :( )

What I WANTED to do, was find two OEM plugs that matched the plugs coming off the stock fog lights. My Cibie fogs (for Modellista) came with a bunch of the harness so I was just going to cut the plugs off so that they would plug into the bulbs and stock harness just like the stock fogs.

BUT I couldn't find two of the male plugs. Ended up finding two female plugs though that are the same as the plugs on the body harness stock.

SO I swapped the male/female plugs on the stock body harness and stock fog lights, and put the female plugs that matched the stock plugs onto the Cibie harness.

My stock body harness now has the OEM male plugs, while both sets of fog lights have the stock female plugs. Meaning I can swap between stock bumper and Modellista bumpers without having to do anything to the fog lights besides unplug them.

And yes, it sounds confusing, so here's a couple pictures :lol:

Hopefully that makes some sense lol.

I would have spent more time looking for a matching male plug but I wanted to get it done before I had to go back to school. This past week was my last week so I just went with what I could get.

At some point I'll get an HID kit :lol:

Return to “Member's Cars / Projects”